IGNORED

Order of base interior parts

Careless

On 5/10/2016 at 6:06 AM, Namerow said:

I have templates made from my 5/70. Also took photos of the old pieces as they came out of the car.  Exception is the large piece for the cargo-area floor, which was missing (I think I might have a template for this piece made years ago from a 72 I used to own).  I'm busy all week.  Might have time to dig these out on the weekend.  I'm in Burlington.

On a separate note, Grannyknot suggested that you might have a spare 70-71-type brake master cylinder.  True?

Message me and we can discuss further. I'm going to visit Grannyknot sometime this week (perhaps tonight if I finish a side-job early).

I'll have to double check which brake masters I have at the shop- I know I got two, haven't quite looked at the differences between 'em yet.

• 10 months later...

Back at this topic again.

I'll update the build thread of the car after I finish some more interior stuff, but I was wondering if anyone has opinions on who makes the best upper vinyl pieces around the headliner, as well as the side-sill vinyl.

the NOS side sill ones I have are N4200 series parts and there are some holes and slots that are for later models, not early 70s ones.

The upper pieces... thought I had them.. but I don't.

headliner is about to go in, i gots one of those...

Any recommendations? I was thinking Classic Datsun...

Edited by Careless

• 3 months later...

I'm in a very similar situation to Careless: trying to restore a 1970 Z to close-to-factory.

Careless, what did you do for the template for the Jute? I am going to order a 54" roll from the TRF site. 

Two other questions: 

1. Does anyone have a picture of what the steel spring attachments look like, and how they attach to the floor behind the seats? A lot of "work" happened to the interior of my Z, I can't really trust anything I see in it. 
  2. Did i understand right that the male snaps for the front are attached directly to the firewall insulation part? (mine wasn't original, and didn't have snaps, was all re-done by some upholstery shop). Any pictures of that? I have to secure a new firewall insulation kit anyway, and get put snaps on it. Seems like squishy material to have snaps pull on it, but maybe not a lot of tension happens. 

And to complete the nevermind bit, here is info on the metal carpet clips:

https://zcardepot.com/interior/carpet-sets/carpet-anti-slide-clip-set-240z-260z-280z.html

($40)

The forum post has a clipping of the service bulletin. It looks to me like they were not there for 1970s Zs, but probably needed them, hence the change. I would guess some folks' dealers installed them for them after the fact. 

• 5 years later...