IGNORED

240z vin 8307

bartsscooterservice

I still can't believe this car brought $9600.  I know it is a series-1 and all and appears to be complete but its not even road worthy at the moment, interior is shot, and it needs some body work.  I would be curious to know if the buyer is in the US or out of the country.

1 hour ago, Hardway said:

I still can't believe this car brought $9600.  I know it is a series-1 and all and appears to be complete but its not even road worthy at the moment, interior is shot, and it needs some body work.  I would be curious to know if the buyer is in the US or out of the country.

Yes, I agree it does seem high for a car that needs a lot of work.  However, with 40 bids and close to $10k, it shows you the kind of interest that the early 240Zs are getting nowadays.

• Like 1

In the states you guys.. (Or your parents.. ;-) ) bought a 240z for 3600 dollars ?? or so...?  in the early seventies...  We here, in the Netherlands, had to pay 21000 guilders for one 240z!  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (a Dollar was about 2 guilders then..)  For that money we could also buy 3 !!!  midclass cars   yes!!   3 !!!!    only about 240  z's were sold in about 3 years!!    Thats why we cán believe those early cars are worth it!  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lonetreesteve said:

Yes, I agree it does seem high for a car that needs a lot of work.  However, with 40 bids and close to $10k, it shows you the kind of interest that the early 240Zs are getting nowadays.

Heck.. I just sold used side makers for 60 bucks.. you can buy them new for cheaper LOL

Early S30z's are becoming increasingly rare and more sought after. There is huge global demand and the market where they have been the cheapest for longest was North American markets.

When new these cars were priced above MGs, Triumph's and Fiat's etc.. But less than Ferrari's, Maserati's, Porsche's in Australia. If you couldn't afford the last 3 you bought a 240z. A lot of Doctor's in Australia bought these cars new (seen quite a few where first owner was a Doctor / Lawyer etc.) as they had the budget for it. Unfortunately a lot over the years fell into hands of people who took less than good care of them and did some horrible modifications.

If you look at Early air cooled 911's the S30z is still a great bargain and the engine was in the correct end of the car. I honestly still think they are under appreciated and under respected in many ways, just look at the ghastly things a lot of people still do to them. When finished period correct and when restored to a high level they are as beautiful as cars that are priced many times their current value.

I've noticed the price of many early parts has started to go crazy, it was only a matter of time before projects like this did also.

• Like 1