IGNORED

Rear spoiler for a 1971 240Z

Zedyone_kenobi

Don't know either. 

But you will sit a bit higher if you don't modify the "metal bracket"? (can't find the name for it) were you attach the seat to the floor.

Thats what I've been told.

Edited by moelk

I bought the MSA spoiler with the flat portion and the quality is OK. Some of the gel coat needs to be sanded down and blended.. Not bad overall especially when you compare it to their plastic bumpers; horrible.

When I was dry fitting it however I noticed that the center notch, where the hatch lock button goes, is off centered. If I do center it, the entire spoiler will be off center by a few mm. Is this "normal" and did yours come out the same?

PMG

On January 20, 2016 at 6:21 AM, moelk said:

I like body color for the wing. Im thinking about installing one on my car.image.thumb.png.c85a9fbe1a04b9473bdd355a

I'm with you moelk .......my guess is that Stephen will end up painting it the same color as the car......just my intuition.

• Like 1

Guy, curse you as you may be right. Not sure though.  I am going to paint the BRE one to look just like the rear tail like finish surrounds first. If I do not like it, I will have to get it repainted the body color. Only problem with that is I will have to take it into get paint matched, $$$$$. I recall my front valance was right at 500 bucks.  OUCH!

Okay, this is the color combo I am going to try to replicate... With the wing matching the rear tails, I think it looks less 'afterthought-y'

OH I have also ordered the euro bumpers.  Now if only somebody would make affordable clear head light covers with the stainless trim. Didn't somebody start a thread on that a while ago.

240z-7.jpg

This is my original euro spec 240z.

The rear wing (original mounted on euro spec cars) color matches the taillight surrounding. 

It's a must in my opinion if you don't do it in body color. 

Both look good but I like silver cars better if the wing are body color.

image.thumb.jpeg.12614b960300ab1653f3d62

Sadly I sold the car a couple of months ago.

Edited by moelk