IGNORED

[2016] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Finally did some Z work... for a friend.

Removed cam and head.  Cylinder 4 plug was slightly black and oily.  4 head bolts around cylinder 4 were dry and crusty, all others were smooth and oily.  Head bolt above exhaust ports in centre broke... but enough is out for the engine shop to weld to... lucky day.

Cylinder 4 and 3 had some crust where the eyebrows are (L26 engine), piston tops look good.  I had to call it a night.  I'll peel off head gasket and inspect it further tomorrow along with valves.

I took lots of photos :)

On 3/28/2017 at 6:06 PM, Diseazd said:

Finished up installing Tokicos, Eibachs and brake parts for the rear of the 73. Just bled the rear brakes. Now on to shocks, springs and new Willwood brakes for the front.

IMG_3168.JPG

IMG_3170.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

IMG_3176.JPG

What do you use for one person bleeding?  And do your Exedy throwout bearings whizz when the clutch is out?  Mine do and I'm hoping a good bleed will stop it.  Drives me nuts like an impact wrench. 

7 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Free play at the top of the pedal stroke can SEEM to be free play at the throw-out bearing but it can also be wear in the clevis and pin at the top of the pedal. Leaving the bearing engaged at all times. Do you have an adjustable clutch rod?

I'll check that out Mark.  That's the sound I'm hearing, barley spinning throw out- not fully off the fingers of the pressure plate.  Yes I do have an adjustable rod under the dash, but both cars have the newer self adjusting slave cylinder.  There's a spec in the FSM for the clutch pedal to the floor I set them to but can't remember that number now.  I'll break out the Big Book today and double check.

Thank you Sir. :)

• Like 1

• Mike locked this topic