IGNORED

THE Correct Battery.....

Polecat

Hey! I am looking for any info on what was the original battery for the 72 Z. Does anyone have pictures? I am trying to "Disguise" a new battery as the original. Any pictures are better then none and none is what I have now. if I can find a old dead battery I would consider buying it.

Thanks!

Polecat

Here are some photos of the battery setup in my 73. :)

Nissan sells the proper sized battery in an all black case. It is a group 24 battery. Part number 999M1-NB24F. This part number places the positive terminal to the engine side. Originally (correctly) the positive terminal should be to the fender side under the inspection lid of the fender. This changes the part number to 999M1-NB24C. I am not completely sure of this second part number as it is currently covered by the battery cover/cap assembly in my car and it is cold outside. I know I wanted the positive terminal where it originally was supposed to be so I had to return the NB24F and get the one with the terminal to the opposite side. They sell both. :P

Steve now reproduces both the cover and the cap as mentioned above. The caps came both with and without the 2 holes. He and I discussed this when I sent my "unholy" cap to him for reproduction. It is uncertain which came first---with or without the holes. My thoughts were that the cap without holes came first and that possibly out of concern for corrosion or combustion Nissan decided to revise the cap with holes to provide ventilation----a way of allowing sulfuric acid gases and moisture to dissipate or evaporate. Of course this could be complete bull$hit on my part.  :unsure:

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

• Like 3