IGNORED

Original Battery

zed2

Does anyone have the dimensions and a photo(s) of the original battery (manufactured by Yuasa) that was installed in the Series 1 cars?

The dealer says that the current part number for the Group 24C battery is 999M1-NB24C. I want to verify that the dimensions, terminal post positions, and appearance are close to original.

Thanks,

Keith

Does anyone have the dimensions and a photo(s) of the original battery (manufactured by Yuasa) that was installed in the Series 1 cars?

The dealer says that the current part number for the Group 24C battery is 999M1-NB24C. I want to verify that the dimensions, terminal post positions, and appearance are close to original.

Thanks,

Keith

Original battery should have one of those for US cars, while Japanese spec car had a smaller battery with a tool box sits on the top..... And original cable ends are different from termainal ends you can buy at the auto store today.(It is smaller with black rubber protector)

Esprist

www.jdm-car-parts.com

post-16910-14150808626642_thumb.jpg

Edited by esprist

I have a cover similar to the part in the lower portion of the photo;

Dimensions 9 5/8" x 2 5/8" x 3/8"

Four (4) tabs on the underside

No holes

No part number

Esprist,

What are the dimensions of the cover in the photo? What purpose do the holes serve? Does the part in the photo have part number 24432-E4600 embossed?

Thanks,

Keith

I have a cover similar to the part in the lower portion of the photo;

Dimensions 9 5/8" x 2 5/8" x 3/8"

Four (4) tabs on the underside

No holes

No part number

Esprist,

What are the dimensions of the cover in the photo? What purpose do the holes serve? Does the part in the photo have part number 24432-E4600 embossed?

Thanks,

Keith

I have to go to my storage and look at the dimensions, but I know that the hole is for servicing the battery. (Auto battery consists of 6 Cells x2.1V=12.60V) EPA/DOT prohabited servicable battery here in US in mid 70's......(Servicable battery has 6 screwed caps so you can add fluid into the battery cells)

This fits right on(with battery frame) any regular battery you but a auto parts store...... So you have this on the top of the battery with original battery terminals, it should look pretty close to original one.

Esprist

www.jdm-car-parts.com

Edited by esprist

• 1 year later...

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/96382-original-240z-yuasa-battery/

I have searched everywhere and still cannot find a picture of the original 240z Battery - Yuasa?. The most info I have gotten is off the Hybridz thread above. Also found a simple sketch, but that is it. If anyone has one, can you post a pic of it. The folks at Antique Auto Battery are in the business of replicating old batteries for show cars and I would be quite interested. Need to get them pics though.

Thanks,

Rich

post-19125-14150814255862_thumb.jpg

I had researched the Yuasa battery several years ago and found an individual who said he was the original owner of a 240Z and the vehicle came with a Furukawa Battery (FB) battery. He sent me some photos and its appearance is similar to the Yuasa.

Try not to drool too much (http://www.gs-yuasa.com/gyin/en/products/pdf/Yuasa_Automotive_Battery_leaflet_200609.pdf)

I contacted Furukawa Battery (http://www.furukawadenchi.co.jp/english/trans.htm) and was told they would not ship a "dry" battery overseas. So, no luck on that front.

Hopefully the photos will help you in your project.

Keith

post-7301-1415081425657_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150814257069_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150814257571_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150814257969_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150814258227_thumb.jpg

post-7301-1415081425868_thumb.jpg

post-7301-14150814259138_thumb.jpg

Edited by zed2

Rich,

There are some pictures in the service manual that show the original YUASA battery. See attached pictures that Kats scanned from a set of maintenance slides (same photos as the service manual). It seems pretty basic, with a black case and the word YUASA stamped on the front like the sketch from the parts catalog that you attached. The top doesn't really matter since the removable black cover hides it.

Zed2, the only thing original about the battery in the photo of the red car you attached is the plastic cover on top and the frame. The battery itself and battery cables are not original.

-Mike

post-9102-14150814259543_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150814259981_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150814260388_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150814260809_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150814261328_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike B
Attached pictures

Rich,

There are some pictures in the service manual that show the original YUASA battery. It seems pretty basic, with a black case and the word YUASA stamped on the front like the sketch from the parts catalog that you attached. The top doesn't really matter since the removable black cover hides it.

Zed2, the only thing original about the battery in the red car is the plastic cover on top and the frame. The battery itself and battery cables are not original.

-Mike

Ahh, will check that our when I get home. Thanks!

Mike B,

I will remove the photo from the post once you have had an opportunity to reexamine the photo. The photo with the red car was inadvertently uploaded. As you can see, the battery case is black rather than the blue top and white sides as the FB battery indicates.

I apologize for my error.

Keith