IGNORED

What are you paying for gas?

Ed

When I was in England early this year petrol was at about 74 pence a litre - seeing as we have all decided to convert it into American bucks and gallons that equates to about $5.41 a gallon. Beat that!!!

Here on the Gold Coast we're hovering just above 90c a litre, the same as biker.

The price I'm paying for 98 ron here in central London works out at roughly $3.75 ( USD ) per Gallon ( US Gallon, that is ).

As Fred said, over here in Europe we know that a very large proportion of that is Excise Duty. Modern Governments use the motorist as a cash cow, and very little of the revenue that they raise from motoring-related taxation goes back into the road system or its upkeep. Its all being used to prop up other areas of the fiscal budget.

The Government ( on a local and national level ) cannot actually afford the reality of a decrease in the use of the automobile, despite their propaganda telling us that we should all be getting on public transport. If we all did that the country would fall apart.

Alan T.

Originally posted by biker

Bambi

Your welcome to those girls :love: but you have got to be able to speak the Queens English first!!!:nervous:

here are some practice words:

By crikey

Cobber

Jumbuck

:rambo:

Thanks to your export the Croc Hunter, I'm familiar with the "By Crikey" one, but can you translate the other two?

Here in CA we have quite a few queens, but they don't talk like that! ROFL

Originally posted by HS30-H

..............Modern Governments use the motorist as a cash cow, and very little of the revenue that they raise from motoring-related taxation goes back into the road system or its upkeep. Its all being used to prop up other areas of the fiscal budget.

The Government ( on a local and national level ) cannot actually afford the reality of a decrease in the use of the automobile, despite their propaganda telling us that we should all be getting on public transport. If we all did that the country would fall apart.

Alan T.

If we all jumped on the bus, the government would just jack up the price of Bus tickets to replace the lost fuel tax income. They are going to "milk" us one way or another.

Hi all,

last Friday I payed here in Germany 1,239 $ for 1 litre ROZ '98.

Most of that is tax, similar to the situation HS -30H descibed.

Because of so called ecological reasons the government hurts the car drivers, but at the same time prices for public transportation increase all the time, too. We are the milk cows of the nation for every rubbish!

Rolf

Originally posted by Alfadog

I was working on 4.5 litres to a gallon... have prices dropped recently Alan, or am I just terrible at maths?! :stupid:

Lachlan,

There's a very good chance that you will be better at maths than I am ( I'm an old git now, you know............. ).

I was trying to give a figure in US Gallons ( not Imperial Gallons ) - so that it would be easier to understand for the majority. Is that right - 3.79 Litres = 1 US Gallon? I know that 4.546 Litres = 1 Imperial Gallon.....................

If you want to work it out for yourself and check up on my maths, I usually pay around 97-98p per Litre of 98 Ron "Super Unleaded" ( that's £0.97 to £0.98 ) here in the central London area. The £STG to $US exchange rate is roughly $1.60 = £1 at the moment.

It's so expensive that I don't even want to think about it too much.

Alan T.

over here in good 'ol ra cha cha we're paying about 1.75 for regular, and around 1.93 for premium. definatly not looking forward to working to pay for gas this summer! not expecting the best of gas mileage out of those dell's...