IGNORED

Engine only runs with starter fluid

hatepotholez

I can't remember right off, I'll look in my file and see if I can find the receipt.  It's for a ZX, I know that.  Seems like I had a hard time finding a timing kit for a 2.4 then someone said the racers use ZX kits so that's what I bought.  Power Line I think.

After fiddling with carbs floats for a couple of weeks I finally got them at 23mm.  Tuned the nozzles and ended up at 3 1/2 turns down.  My car finally runs like the other 240 I had, it pulls hard until the redline then I shift up.  So damn happy!  

Edited by siteunseen

21 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I can't remember right off, I'll look in my file and see if I can find the receipt.  It's for a ZX, I know that.  Seems like I had a hard time finding a timing kit for a 2.4 then someone said the racers use ZX kits so that's what I bought.  Power Line I think.

After fiddling with carbs floats for a couple of weeks I finally got them at 23mm.  Tuned the nozzles and ended up at 3 1/2 turns down.  My car finally runs like the other 240 I had, it pulls hard until the redline then I shift up.  So damn happy!  

thats fantastic!!

I just received my float-sync tool going to try it this weekend and see how it goes. I'm also going to remove my choke cables when I do the carb adjustments, I want to make sure the chokes don't interfere with the balancing. 

20 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Loading my clothes and looked up to see this. :)

1484253679746.jpg

1484253718925.jpg

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I apologize for not updating sooner, but I really don't have the time to work on the car only between semesters. 

So now that the timing issue is sort of fixed I moved on to the carbs. I bought a Gunson colortune, very simple in it's operation. I'm not sure if anyone here has used it but you adjust the carbs until the flame in at the color tune is blue. I was able to adjust the rear carb to get a blue flame but the front is rich. The car is so rich that it wouldn't start back up at the gas station. I can't seem to figure this out. I am going to check the aftermarket mechanical fuel pump pressure to see if it is less than 3.5psi. I don't know what else to do at this point. My floats are good, I adjusted the a/f adjustment by 1 turn roughly, all my emission equipment is disconnected and capped.