What is this called ? - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

What is this called ?

Featured Replies

It's the flapper for the inside of the carb. What's the real name for it ? I need to find one for my SU carb rebuild because this one is no good. Thx !

post-30488-0-08051500-1444323048_thumb.j

Throttle shaft for sure. If it is unusable because of wear, the carb body that it came from will also be worn. ZT machines the body & uses sealed throttle shaft bearings. Better than new.

That link gives a 404 error.

weird.  That URL works when you have already navigated to the page once.  I updated the link to the home page.

Edited by Kurbycar32

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Send them to ZT for repair. You'll be happy you did!

Edited by rcb280z

  • Author

Thanks for all the great info fellas ! The carbs that came with car were in a box completely disassembled so I don't know if this throttle shaft went with those carbs. That shaft doesn't fit into the body I have. I will be talking with ZT though.

 

Mark M- you're in PDX too ? Maybe someday, if you have time, we can meet up and you can go over my car with me ??

907Series1Z

 Absolutely. The chance to spend time with another Z owner is always a treat. BTW I have three ea. 4 screw SUs that are not being used. 1 front & 2 rears. We need to talk. I'll PM you.

 Mark

Man, have not posted in a while, but yup throttle shaft as stated above.  And yup, Z therapy are miracle workers with these parts.

 

Make SU's sing again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.