Rebuilding new brake calipers - Page 2 - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Rebuilding new brake calipers

Featured Replies

"Conedodger" posted a thread about restored brake calipers for our 240's---

 

www.pmbperformance.com

 

Core business is Porche and Ferrari brakes---but they love the Z'z too!

Not cheap, but they are fantastically well done. Porterfield pads and shoes. New caliper pistons. Look like new and perform as well.

Very happy with the set I received from them--highly recommended---your brakes aren't a good place to save money!

 

Jim D.

"Zup"

I've found that even some "new" parts, like clutch slave cylinders, have honing grit inside.  Every operation in a shop costs money, and some of these overseas shops probably pay by the piece.

  • Author

 I wouldn't think anything less of Rock Auto or any other parts provider, this is unfortunately an industry accepted standard.  Chris I agree with you 100% on tearing down any rebuilt hydraulic parts.

 

That about says it all.

I made a reminder note to make sure I stay behind grannyknot at the 2016 ZCON.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I made a reminder note to make sure I stay behind grannyknot at the 2016 ZCON.

I should have taken a pic of the finished bore, it was pristine.

Just don't slam into me from behind!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.