IGNORED

1157 bulb sockets

rcb280z

I'm in need of an 1157 bulb socket for my left brake light on my 77 280. Been searching, not very long, and have found one at Amazon 

41sv6KryToL._AC_SY220_.jpgbut am not sure it will fit. Everyone else I have tried has been out or just do not carry them. Anyone else use the aftermarket ones like this or have another one to suggest? I might be able to repair the one I have but if I can't I will need a replacement. 

I'd be interested in hearing if those sockets work as well. I was messing around with mine the other day because they're corroded and had gone intermittent. I cleaned them up enough to work, but I'm not sure how long they're going to last. Would be nice to have new sockets back there.

I guess my other option would be to pull them out and send them out for plating, but it would be much cheaper to replace with something like what you pictured.

Edited by Captain Obvious

Well, I have some of those in my garage...somewhere...The rear panel in the 240Z is off, and I have some 280Z lights taken apart in the garage...

Oh, hell. I'll probably forget about this thread by the time I get home tonight. :(

if worse comes to worst, I have a few sets of 280 tail light harnesses you can cannabilize or just use instead. Let me see a picture of the harness connector on the end that plugs into the car harness, i think there are early and late plugs.....

The ones I found in my garage don't fit, but they are different. The one in the original post looks like it will fit. I bought a couple of sets to confirm.

Here are photos of the ones I have and the 240Z taillight sockets.

post-4648-0-25160600-1439426242_thumb.jp

post-4648-0-24667100-1439426108_thumb.jp

post-4648-0-76650200-1439426307_thumb.jp

post-4648-0-11643100-1439426174_thumb.jp