1157 bulb sockets - Page 3 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1157 bulb sockets

Featured Replies

Awesome! You bought a set of ten? That's clearly more than you need, right?  ;)

I have some you can modify.  LOL

  • Author

Nice find SteveJ. I have been laying here in bed (sick with pneumonia) looking at the ones I bought and wondering if I could modify them. But if the ones you bought are a direct fit then I'm sold. Going to order me some.

 

Is there a difference between the 240, 260, or 280? Im assuming not.

The PICO website and catalog (downloadable) makes for some very interesting reading.  For example, they offer DIY fusible link kits.  They also sell not only loom tape, but loom tape tools and accessories.  Deutsch connectors, relay pigtails, crimping tools, etc, etc.  They're a wholesaler, of course, so you'd need to source a retailer by way of one of their sales agents.

 

www.picowiring.com

  • 4 weeks later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I'm in this boat now because I scored a nice set of Euro tail lights for my '72 but with no Euro wiring so I have to modify my US wiring and that means replacing a single-filament socket with a dual-filament one in each harness.

 

The Amazon link that SteveJ referenced appears to be 404 so...

 

Darrel, how easy is it to simply push out the old metal socket in order to slide in the new one? I certainly don't want to break that 44-year-old plastic.

I'm in this boat now because I scored a nice set of Euro tail lights for my '72 but with no Euro wiring so I have to modify my US wiring and that means replacing a single-filament socket with a dual-filament one in each harness.

 

The Amazon link that SteveJ referenced appears to be 404 so...

 

Darrel, how easy is it to simply push out the old metal socket in order to slide in the new one? I certainly don't want to break that 44-year-old plastic.

 

 

 It wasn't too difficult. You could probably squirt some lubricant and maybe even use a heat gun. Try the lubricant first.

 

The reason I did this, the socket was rusted pretty bad. Since the holder was never in direct sunlight, it has held up well after 40 yrs.

I heard back from the Amazon vendor who sold the 1157 sockets. They are out of stock but will inform me when they get more. I'll let everybody know.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.