IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

• 1 month later...

On 10/22/2021 at 5:27 AM, wheee! said:

Here’s the dyno graph. 6000 rpm pull

Wow Mark, thats a good result! I ask myself what have you done to get that kind of power and then i saw your on page 139 !!  wow.. can you give me a short list of what i can do with my 280zx engine (is it a megasquirt or something??) to get around 200 horse? 

If i don't get my original 280zx injection working very good i will consider a better injection system.. with also more hp.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 5:31 AM, dutchzcarguy said:
Wow Mark, thats a good result! I ask myself what have you done to get that kind of power and then i saw your on page 139 !!  wow.. can you give me a short list of what i can do with my 280zx engine (is it a megasquirt or something??) to get around 200 horse? 
If i don't get my original 280zx injection working very good i will consider a better injection system.. with also more hp.

Well, I took a shortcut and bought a built engine. Added fuel injection and performance mods like a crank angle sensor and coil on plug. Of course any mods to a FI car require a new computer, so I went Haltech.
According to my baseline tuner, I have left a lot more HP on the table and will retune in the spring. Should be closer to 300 HP and 290 TQ in that block.

Edited by wheee!
  • Like 1

That’s great! Your car is beautiful. Your paint job is amazing, love the color. Where did you get the raising sun sticker for the hood? Pretty cool look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hood graphic was a custom one off car wrap I had made. It’s detailed back in the thread somewhere.
Thanks for the compliments on the car! It’s not perfect but I love it too.
  • Like 1

I could probably spend a weekend reading all the information in this thread. You’ve done an incredible amount of work, the little stuff matters and takes time and patience...lots of patience and money. .
My motor is mostly a stock ZX, I’d like to squeeze some extra power but we shall see which direction I go in the future. I love the Louvers too. I have a nice set I bought and can’t install them because the hardware is unobtainable. Did you use the stock hardware?
Super job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have the original dealer installed louvers with the hinges drilled into the body work sitting in my garage. I spent years looking for a set of the Interpart louvers and mounting hardware. Cost way more than it should have but in the end I am thrilled with the look.