IGNORED

[2015] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Brake lines suck, sorry to hear about your luck.

I pull the front hubs and changed out the stock wheel studs for the Doorman 610-403 Nissan Quest 45.5 mm length. I feel a more confident about my wheels staying on now :)

Sourcing the rear. Looks like ARP 100-7708 Late model F-body studs in 1.5 pitch.

Brake lines suck, sorry to hear about your luck.

I pull the front hubs and changed out the stock wheel studs for the Doorman 610-403 Nissan Quest 45.5 mm length. I feel a more confident about my wheels staying on now :)

Sourcing the rear. Looks like ARP 100-7708 Late model F-body studs in 1.5 pitch.

That's funny, I too replaced the front and rear studs on my 260Z race car today with Dorman studs.  I went with stock length though.

I also found a broken front differential mount.  I need to get a RT mount.

My rt is holding up well. I blew the rear crossmember last night and drove it home like that. The front mount still appears to be solid. Even after all the laws of physics broken by the universal joints...

Stock length is only about half a short tuner lugnut for me. With the 45.5 mm front, the stick out 1/4". I through in some 1/4" spacers and they sit pretty well flush with the end of my splined muteki tuner nuts. Pretty sure my rears are already 45 mm... but I may pull a wheel and measure tonight to be sure before ordering the longer ones.... same situation, with only half the nut holding threads.

My rt is holding up well. I blew the rear crossmember last night and drove it home like that. The front mount still appears to be solid. Even after all the laws of physics broken by the universal joints...

I just posted a new thread about RT mounts.  Do you have the basic RT or does it also replace the stock mount with the top-down front mount?

Stock length is only about half a short tuner lugnut for me. With the 45.5 mm front, the stick out 1/4". I through in some 1/4" spacers and they sit pretty well flush with the end of my splined muteki tuner nuts. Pretty sure my rears are already 45 mm... but I may pull a wheel and measure tonight to be sure before ordering the longer ones.... same situation, with only half the nut holding threads.

I did this a long time ago, but I found, I think it was the rear studs were longer than the fronts.

I purchased longer studs from Nissan Motorsports for the rear. I then put the longer rear studs

in the front hubs. That way I had the same thread pitch all around.

• Like 1

Yesterday I learned what it means to "lap valves".  It means sit down in front of the A/C, drink beer and turn a suction cup on a handle.  Easier than putting air in the tires.  :D

I'm really enjoying working on and learning about these cylinder heads.  Beats the hell out of dropping gas tanks.  :)

So... these quest studs are actually 6.03 mm longer than the rear stock studs on my 240Z which would be about perfect. That said, while being pretty snug I manged to get them into my front hubs ok. The rear, not so much. Knurl OD on the old studs ( which came out easily ) measure .5045" while the quest studs measure .5125"... I'll admit I tried pulling then through with a lug nut and impact, but it isn't going to happen. ARP ordering shortly, I guess..

• Mike locked this topic