IGNORED

Thinking about installing an BMW M6 engine in my Z

grannyknot

I seam sealed again before undercoating the car and got her down off the rotisserie. I should have the rest of the suspension installed tomorrow and back down on the wheels by the end of the day.  I've been trying to keep the shop as warm as I can to fully cure the clearcoat.  Some guys start sanding after 24hrs but that's got to be California, I think I'll block it out with 1500 to break the surface and let it out gas for another week.

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I'm just waiting on the new LED headlights and the recovered dash to arrive before I can finish everything up. Engine is in, gas tank installed, all the brakes done and bled and I reconfigured the exhaust system so there is more ground clearance. @Careless gave me hand getting the glass in the other day, thanks again Raf.

IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm installing the LED sequential tails from Easy Performance for the new owner. The kit is very well made and the lights are very brights but there is one major flaw in their design, the microprocessor that allows 7 different modes of sequencing can't tell the difference between you putting the signal on or you hitting the brakes. So you slam on the brakes and the guy tailgating you doesn't see brake lights, he sees the taillights going through an entire sequence, red and amber moving lights first before the brake lights come on,  about 1.5-2 second delay before the solid, unblinking brake lights start.:wacko:

Confusing, dangerous and I'm sure probably illegal.  The only way to have normal brake lights is to have no sequential signals at all, the very thing you bought the kit for in the first place.

IMG_0289.JPG

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...