IGNORED

1970 HLS30-00765 on Ebay

zed2

shifter knob seems non-original

appears to have an AM-FM radio.. not sure if FM was on early Z's

AC added

Odd coloured intake but correct one for the car.

Incorrect valve cover.... may not be original engine

Two rear hatch struts...looks like one was added

Armrest pad added

Door-window frame corner rubber (drivers side near lock) is missing

Quarter window small rubber seals are missing (4)

Edited by Blue

For $38.5K I'd expect everything on the car to be correct. The ad states the car has the original engine, so it's odd they changed the valve cover. The incorrect items on the car could easily be changed and don't really detract from the beauty of the car. It will be interesting to see what she brings, but I expect it will be closer to $30K.

Robert S.

For $38.5K I'd expect everything on the car to be correct.

I think in the past I would have made the same statement. I do think a bit differently now. Imagine my surprise when I heard that one of the Datsun Roadsters that sold for over $50K has a dash cap. That in my opinion would be a much greater 'sin' than the items noted above. So, I am much more careful to pass judgement on price now a days. In my opinion, the more this sells for the better.

I did want to respond to the sellers statement that I would be hard pressed to find a better example, but I will keep quiet.

I don't know a lot about what to look for in a restoration but the gap of the front wheels did catch my eye. Seems like the right wheel is further forward than the left, even though the wheels both seem to be pointed straight ahead. No pictures from underneath either. This would make me look closer on any car, even a cheap one.