IGNORED

New SU Carbs on Ebay

EhlersRS

Sorry, didn't make my joke/point clear enough. Those who want their car "just like it came from the factory" would not accept rebuilt Z therapy carbs if they had the choice of real, period correct, unused, brand new SU's. Even if they ran noticibly worse... Just wouldn't be right...

But they have to rebuild the engine anyhow ? So what's the point..

I don't think you're missing anything. The carbs on ebay are a pair of both front and rear stuffed into one box. I didn't check into the P/N to figure out if the box is front or rear, but the point is that $1600 is a little less than half price for the pair.

No guarantee and no returns if there's a problem, but if you just gotta have new, it's not a bad price.

I don't think you're missing anything. The carbs on ebay are a pair of both front and rear stuffed into one box. I didn't check into the P/N to figure out if the box is front or rear, but the point is that $1600 is a little less than half price for the pair.

No guarantee and no returns if there's a problem, but if you just gotta have new, it's not a bad price.

If someone wanted them, half price has to be good.

Wait a minute... You're saying that part number (that sells for new from a dealer for $1700) is actually for a matched PAIR of front and rear carbs? If that's the case, then $1600 for the pair on ebay is not a good deal.

I was thinking that was each, not a pair, but I do see what you're saying with the parts breakdown.

Edited by Captain Obvious

As mentioned in the Ebay ad, the owner originally bought the carbs to put on his restoration of HLS30-01138, but never used them on the car. The car was sold on Ebay in Sept. 2013. I found a previous discussion about this car and one of the sale ads still left online:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/ebay-craigslist/50394-1138-ebay.html

datsun 240 z vin 1138

So, the car he bought the carbs for has a manual transmission. Now I'm wondering what the difference is between carbs for a manual and automatic transmission?

Robert S.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of non nissan datsun guys know the value of these parts. Unlike the Chevy and fords which u can still catalog parts. They know and try to sell datsun parts for a small fortune because most stuff is hard to find.

I bet these are restored carbs in a nissan box. Makes the box worth a lot of money. LOL

Edited by 71Nissan240Z