IGNORED

How Would You Hand This '73 240z Over To It's Next Enthusiast?

73str86

I am assuming the bidder from Bulgaria backed out or you canceled their bid. None the less, to really make your auction more attractive you need a lot more pictures and detailed info. As they say in the car biz, "words tell, pictures sell" Several years ago I was selling a good running running but very rusted '77 280z. It was on CL and the Datsun Classifieds. I had a very detailed description and 29 pictures for viewing on my Photobucket. I did not want any perspective buyers to have any illusions of what they were getting or not getting. In the end I got my full asking price of $3,200 and the buyer from out of state had it shipped. I am proud to report he was very happy with it upon its arrival and dove in to fixing the rust.

BTW - What happen to your friend that was interested in buying it?

Edited by Hardway

The friend chose a VW camper with no engine for $450.

I had 20+ photos in the description; the auction ended at $910 but did not meet reserve. Next step is a few hours of elbow grease on the interior and engine bay, then leave it on craigslist.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Money and elbow grease is finished on my end. Needs complete floor pan patched/replaced, rocker skin/patch, dogleg skin/patch, hole in battery box. No bondo, fiberglass, or sprayfoam in car whatsoever. I spray painted some bare metal/rust orange/black, respectively.

Here's the classiczcar and craigslist ad, many lookers, a couple lowballers (gotta try), two people say they are getting funds together. Another local guy looking this afternoon.

1973 Datsun 240z

I was told in person yesterday "I can get one pretty easily in good condition for $3000."

Datsun Classifieds Ad

Edited by 73str86

Car is pending sale for asking price. A gentleman pulled up in a '65 Datsun pickup his father bought new to look at the Z.

IMAG2111.jpg

Showed me photos of his nice 2 door 510 and project 411 wagon. I guess he took a loan on his 401k to pick up this project car to complete the family.

Final update: Yesterday he showed up in another Datsun, this time his daily driver 510. He bought the Z for $1750 and after waiting 3 hours for a flatbed, took her home.

I like to give details in relation to the 240z market. I originally listed it for sale just under a month ago. As I got the clutch operating, new thermostat, cleaned it up without hiding/repairing rust, offers came in. Many, many trade offers. Cash offers of $1,000, $1,200, $1,400 were refused.

IMAG2165.jpg