IGNORED

12V for choke?

aochider

Since there is no electric choke in a stock Z car, could you give us some idea of what you think is an electric choke?

When you are posting for help, it is good to include information on your car such as year and modifications.

Assuming you have one of those new fangled holley carb things on there, you can find ignition switched +12 at the voltage regulator on the BW wire. Might be an ignition hot pin on the wiper pin?

You can use the coil + if you use it to trigger a separate relay that takes main power from the battery I suppose. Can't think of anything else that ignition +12 under the hood. Even the inspection light wire is on all the time.

Assuming you have one of those new fangled holley carb things on there, you can find ignition switched +12 at the voltage regulator on the BW wire. Might be an ignition hot pin on the wiper pin?

You can use the coil + if you use it to trigger a separate relay that takes main power from the battery I suppose. Can't think of anything else that ignition +12 under the hood. Even the inspection light wire is on all the time.

Yeah, it is a Holley carb setup.

Hrm... Those are good ideas. The wiper would be the best, but from the battery with a relay on the coil would be good too. I don't want to run anything else through the firewall. Thanks for the ideas!

You could jumper off the red wire on the reverse switch. I would install a 5A inline fuse for it to make sure you don't take out other systems in the event of a short circuit.

Thanks for the help, but I ended up going with the 12V at the regulator. I checked the wiper pins and didn't find any ignition switched ones. The BW at the regulator was simple enough though and didn't require me to go through the firewall or use anything other than wire, a disconnect, and a splice.