IGNORED

What's your very best moment in your Z car.

Hunter260Z

For me, the very first drive after completing the restoration / rebuild. Driving a classic Z after over 10 years was like going back to 1979 for me.

2nd place, (for humor), was when my car was parked next to a newish 350Z convertible. There were several of us standing around admiring both cars when an attractive, mid-20's woman walks-up and asks what kind of car my 240Z was and told us it was the "coolest car she'd ever seen". Keep in-mind that the youngest of us was 55 years old. The 350Z owner looked at me, patted my car and said "it really works!". I just busted up laughing...

Then there was the time I got pulled over by a sheriff because he just wanted to see my car! He walked-up and apologized for stopping me, but said he just bought a 280Z and wanted to look at my car...

Coolest moment---hearing our 240 run again after an 18 month rebuild, and like Julio, my wife and i were followed into a BP service station by a traffic patrol car. Two cops got out and said they just wanted to look at the car. One of them had owned a 240 many years previously.

I've had alot of great memories, I drove it cross country twice (DC to Montana) and out to the Oregon coast twice. I had it for the seasons I worked in Glacier and Grand Teton NPs and my Dad just bought a BRZ, I hope to do a road trip with him through the Rockies in Colorado in the Z and his BRZ.

My best memory thus far is the very first one I had with her. Bought and drove her in the middle of the night from the hills of Tennessee to Illinois. Got lost in the backwoods when the gps said follow me. Exhaust and gasoline fumes kept me awake through the 10 hour drive; later found and fixed a fuel rail leak dripping over the exh mani heat shield. Good times.

Mine was in 2007, driving my Z, 3,200miles from Eglin, Florida to Cold Lake, Alberta.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/open-general-discussions/26355-long-road-home.html#post222314

When I bought my 240Z in 1991 it had 71,000 miles on the odometer. On this trip, my odometer rolled through 142,000 miles, meaning I'd driven my Z more miles than all the other owners combined, making it truly mine.