IGNORED

New 71 240Z owner!

Just wanted to say hi officially. On Friday I just bought my first Z! A 1971 240. Bought it from a friend at work who got it 2 years ago. The previous owner to that did an amazing job getting it restored. Looks new all over. Needs a few little odds and ends and one major one...a manual trans :) Future plans are coilovers, wheels (Rewinds or Rota RKR's), headlight covers, and the manual trans. Really have been enjoying it so far. I've wanted an orange 240z for as long as I can remember. Really happy about it. It joins a couple other Japanese icons in my garage...my 91 LoveFab turbo NSX and my 74 Kawasaki Z1 900.

14289786434_3565b152f7_o.jpgimage by blodi, on Flickr

14103669380_c0a3ec57b7_z.jpgimage (1) by blodi, on Flickr

14310485473_f21a5954b4_z.jpgimage (3) by blodi, on Flickr

14103752277_abc8cc54e2_z.jpgimage (2) by blodi, on Flickr

Blodi,

Congratulations on your new Z! 918 orange is my favorite color on the 240Z's also, but I ended up with my second favorite of yellow. Out of curiousity, what is the manufacture date and VIN of your car?

Robert S.

Thanks guys! I'm really excited about it and can't wait to enjoy the car all summer. Looking forward to learning more as I go and being a part of the group here. Robert, yellow would have been my 2nd choice too, but I was very lucky to find such a nice example in orange. The build date is 9/71 and the vin is 43319.

• Like 1

Great looker of a car you have there! Welcome! I'm sure you will find any info you need on here when the time comes. If you enjoy her now, wait until you pop in a good old 5 speed. Or were you going for a 4?

Great looker of a car you have there! Welcome! I'm sure you will find any info you need on here when the time comes. If you enjoy her now, wait until you pop in a good old 5 speed. Or were you going for a 4?

Already sourced a 5 speed here locally...and had the previous owner had the pedal box already, so I'm on my way....slowly.