IGNORED

My Datsun 280Z "Rustoration"

HaZmatt

33 minutes ago, rossiz said:

the kit i got provides two options:  some double-stick tape and wide clips (like hazmatt shows) or smaller clips with sheet metal screws. i started with the stick-on system and mine didn't stick - the covers aren't a perfect fit (slight warp) so they put constant, light pressure on the adhesive which pulled them off. i then went to the drill-in method and they've been fine since. i am considering doing the door-trim trick now though, as the brightwork would look nice on my dark green paint.

Interesting, mine only came with the stick on option. I guess if I had to I could drill a hole in each one. I would probably rivet them in. Mine were not a perfect fit either but pretty close. You just have to kinda split the difference in the gaps. The chrome would definitely look sharp on your car! I was surprised what a difference it made.

yeah, water gets in and the scoops get dirty inside from the carwash and driving in the rain, but they drain out just fine. i stressed about it for the first few weeks and eventually just let go of it. every few months i'll pop off the covers and wipe out the scoops - it's no big deal. but my car is a dd, not a showpiece...

Love that look as well Duffman and (very surprisingly) I think I prefer the "smaller diameter " chrome trim fitting inside the edge of the of the bucket and flush with the body than the original JDM trim ring. Didn't expect that at all!

My only suggestion would be to paint body color the portion of the mounting bracket that sits on the bucket. That would camouflage it nicely.

Edited by dmoralesbello

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...