IGNORED

Hs30-00019

That Ozzy Guy

George,

The mans got talent. Awsome work you are doing on the project. Bodywork is not my thing, but I repect you guys for having the dedication and skill to tackle these low vin restorations.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Chas

So, regardless of what I am about to ask, this is an amazing project that will be fun to watch. Thank you for posting.

Did the early cars have an engraving of the serial number on the engine side of the firewall (my 72 does)? If I am understanding correctly, there is a donor chassis that is replacing the cowl/firewall / roof frame / rocker frame, etc. Doesn't the donor chassis replace the engraved serial number? Do you think that anyone will question whether the resulting car is #19?

So, regardless of what I am about to ask, this is an amazing project that will be fun to watch. Thank you for posting.

Did the early cars have an engraving of the serial number on the engine side of the firewall (my 72 does)? If I am understanding correctly, there is a donor chassis that is replacing the cowl/firewall / roof frame / rocker frame, etc. Doesn't the donor chassis replace the engraved serial number? Do you think that anyone will question whether the resulting car is #19?

Going in to this project I faced the dilema you mentioned. I had two choices. Get hung up on it or get on with it.

I could have easily cut 2 inches on either side of the VIN and stuck it in another shell but that would never have felt like #19 to me. This car that I'm sweating on does feel like #19 - we're saving as much of it as possible and that's all that can be done. The alternative is to scrap it and I know no one wants that. ;)

A friend told me about grandfather's axe before I began restoring this car.

A grandfather bought an axe as a young lad and worked it pretty hard througout his life. One day the handle split and he had to replace it. Soon that handle got chipped and dinged and aged with the axe head. The grandfather passed on the axe to his son who left it in the shed for so long it rusted and pitted beyond repair. When the grandson inherited the axe he got nostalgic and decided to fix it so he bought a new axe head and started to use his grandfather's axe. One day he will pass on his grandfather's axe to his son...

• Like 1

I can't help but smile reading this thread, in a good way, I think what you're going to do with this Z is amazing, keep up the good work and keep us posted, I was in Sydney in Feb this year, Colorory, Dee Why, Manly etc and thought it would suit a Z around there but didn't see one, not surprising really! Keep up the great work

Edited by Red7