IGNORED

Changing an Amp gauge for a Volt gauge

grannyknot

On 8/28/2023 at 9:42 AM, Captain Obvious said:

Actually, taking a closer look at your pics, it looks like the white two position connector includes a red/GREEN, not red/blue. And if that's the case, then the wiring diagram indicates it was for the fog lamp switch. Optional for other countries, I think.

Found some old Volvo fog lamp switches - I think I'll add one & then I can just put some fog/driving lamps behind the lower grille..

PXL_20230929_231916585.jpg

1 hour ago, HusseinHolland said:

Found some old Volvo fog lamp switches - I think I'll add one & then I can just put some fog/driving lamps behind the lower grille..

PXL_20230929_231916585.jpg

I can't be sure about your car but on my car there is a prewired pair of terminals just waiting for a switch to activate the fog light circuit. They were "concealed" by the Nissan blue tape marker for unused circuitry. If present in your ride, they could be used to trip a relay and avoid running new wires.

Fog light wiring 1.jpg

Fog light wiring 2.jpg

19 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

I can't be sure about your car but on my car there is a prewired pair of terminals just waiting for a switch to activate the fog light circuit. They were "concealed" by the Nissan blue tape marker for unused circuitry. If present in your ride, they could be used to trip a relay and avoid running new wires.

Yes - mine has the wiring harness in place - CaptO pointed it out when I posted this pic 😊

PXL_20230703_202208742.jpg

• Like 1