IGNORED

AAR hose re-routing

siteunseen

I never thought of it before, but that explains why my intake manifold is all black inside, with burned-on oil residue. There ought to be an inline filter that you can change.

On my '78, the air that goes through the AAR comes from the air filter, so will also explain why my AAR was very clean inside.

Edited by TomoHawk

I have both problems "removed." I put a small cone filter on the cam cover vent, plugged its connection on the throttle body, and removed the AAR (and covered the hole on the throttle.) You have to change the small cone filter occasionally, but the rest of the things stay clean.

It just takes a minute to warm up, so when you get done cleaning the windows, the engine is happy and warm :)

I wasn't trying to send a reminder. I was just trying to help out with the thread.

One of the other forums is currently in a tailspin with noobs on one wing asking typical noob questions and longer standing members who have become bitter about answering such questions on the other wing. It isn't pretty. :sick:

I put a small cone filter on the cam cover vent, plugged its connection on the throttle body, and removed the AAR

So you bailed on the AAR completely? I considered this as well but haven't pulled the trigger...

Correct' I don't use the AAR at all. I only use the car in the warmer months, so I don't really need a high idle for warmup. I still have it bolted on, but only for show, because it's highly polished and the associated metal piping is part of the fuel inject harness support/clamp.

One of the other forums is currently in a tailspin with noobs on one wing asking typical noob questions and longer standing members who have become bitter about answering such questions on the other wing. It isn't pretty. :sick:

Yeah they call me a "Feeder" when I tell somebody the spark plug gap instead of download this and download that and read until your eyes bleed. I thought that was the whole reason for a forum, support and interaction amongst people with the same interest. I like helping people, whether it's helping someone change a tire on the side of a busy street or push a broken down car out of the intersection, or God forbid, telling somebody .039-.043 gap size.

I find the whole thing very unpleasant. I understand the frustration of fielding questions who's answer is pretty easily found in the manuals, but I don't believe that the solution is to post non-helpful sarcastic responses to virtually every post.

What's my recommendation? Move on.

Don't want to answer the question? Then just don't.

I sure don't believe the solution is to post stupid non-technical pictures of "loosely related"? situations simply in order to make a point.

on.

every.

thread.

:sick: