IGNORED

? on exhaust hangers

mjr45

I wonder what the use of rubber hangers was for in the first place. Maybe to make up for the lack of a flex pipe in the exhaust?

A lot of places just seem to use round stock welded hangers.

I am not sure really. I think they are there to just hold them for falling/scraping. The way my Fujitsubo header fits in the transmission tunnel and is bolted to the header it doesnt move much. Hell, Ive been driving without hangers for a year (yes my exhaust is not bolted to my car other than the header)

Hell, Ive been driving without hangers for a year (yes my exhaust is not bolted to my car other than the header)

Seriously? Holy hell, that's a terrible idea!

That's a lot of bending load placed on that joint, which is also transferred to your header primaries and exhaust manifold studs. I wouldn't be surprised to see pipes getting warped and/or cracks developing. At the very least, put a support at the muffler...

I wonder what the use of rubber hangers was for in the first place. Maybe to make up for the lack of a flex pipe in the exhaust?

A lot of places just seem to use round stock welded hangers.

Rubber hangers are used for NVH reasons, as well as introducing some extra compliance to the exhaust system. Both are good things, especially the latter.

240Z very nice exhaust, I am using the stock head pipe, which doesn't really much matter because from there back is very much like a stock exhaust. I'll keep looking for exhaust hangers.

Mike's Z yep too bad about the cutout's, would go nice on my 49 Chevy P/U which is starting to be restored.