My Neighbor's 240Z - Almost Done! - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

My Neighbor's 240Z - Almost Done!

Featured Replies

I'm doing a cosmetic refresh on my neighbor lady's 72' 240Z w/ automatic transmission. Only a little more to do and it's ready for the road.

__New paint.

__New seat upholstery, vinyl panels, carpets, door seals, etc.

__New Battery

What's left?

__Get engine running, (ignition problem)

__Install tires on four-slot mag wheels, (from my car).

__Install rear louvers. (1970's style)

__Obtain / install new front bumper guard pads.

Once it's driving, she want's to drive side-by-side down 280 with a chase car taking pictures of the two Z's.

Later this Summer, we also plan to display our cars at a local car event. Should be fun!

post-15388-14150824289068_thumb.jpg

post-15388-14150824289355_thumb.jpg

post-15388-14150824290216_thumb.jpg

Looks amazing, love the color combo! And what local car event would that be, if you don't mind me asking?

Why aren't you my neighbour?
"It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,

A beautiful day for a neighbor,

Would you be mine? Could you be mine?

It's a neighborly day in this beautywood,

A neighborly day for a beauty,

Would you be mine? Could you be mine?

I've always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,

I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So, let's make the most of this beautiful day,

Since we're together we might as well say,

Would you be mine? could you be mine?

Won't you be my neighbor.

Won't you please? Won't you please?

Please won't you be my neighbor."

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

That is beautiful. I love that color combo also. Ready to do it again?

I remember something along the lines of

"Thy shall not covet thy neighbors' Z"

Looks great!

Chuck

Arne, ha ha that song is the first thing I thought of when I saw Blue's comment.

dbcjmc, can you get by with coveting a Z as long as you don't actually swipe one?

Sadly I like the one about when someone borrows something don't ask for it.

Don't ask for it back?

I've turned over a new leaf, no more borrowing from me (except my Dad).

Edit: No more borrowing my stuff with the only exception being my Dad. My neighbor has been borrowing my weed whacker for 2 months. Always empty fuel tank when I have to go over there to get it back. Ahh neighbors, like opinions, everybody's got 1 or 2.

Edited by siteunseen

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.