Sign in to follow this  
galban

Rota RB Rims Fitment Question

My problem is i wouldnt want to roll or use spacers. And I hate that the center caps cant be used.

I just went to order the Rota RB 16X7 +4 front and 16X8 +4 but they said the front cap wont fit on the hub. PoP's you had no problem with your RB?

There is no proplem with the front cap, as Arne posted, i have 16x7 +4 on my car, no fit problems at all.

I would go for the 205/55 on the front wheels to avoid any rub issues:-)

Ksechler, are the wheels turned slightly right? Can't really tell. Looks like you could lose a little caster on the front there if they are straight. Might save a bit of rubbing on turns. Maybe the T/C bushings are shot?

I also believe the 16" tire options outnumber the 15"s in most categories. Just do a quick list of 225/50-15 and 225/50-16 on TireRack if you need proof. With every possible kind of tire checked, in 15" there are 12 results, but with 16", there are 65 results... At 205/50 15 vs 16, 23 at 15", 43 at 16"

And 225/50-16 Yoko S-drives on 16x8 +3 VTO's do NOT fit with a stock front valance rub-on-turns wise... But 215/40-16's do. Lots of choices in sizes around there to pick from to... Not a prayer in 15"

I don't know how you could see a castor issue in that picture. The wheels are not turned and all of the bushings are brand new.

With the 15" vs. 16" issue it wasn't the tires it was the wheels that I had trouble finding. There aren't that many 16X7 or 16X8 options out there with 4 lugs. I'm not saying they can't be found, but I spent a long time looking before I found what I wanted.

I love the way 15's look on my car. 16" panasports would look the business as well.

But I run 15x7 and I think that 205/55/15's look spot on. I plan to pick up another set of these tires for my VTO Lemans and sell my 195/60/15's Bridgestone 960A's. Which are truthfully a great set All season tires I just do not need all seasons here in Texas.

Currently you can get dunlop Direzza's and Yokohama S'drives in 205/55/15

I'm running 17X8.5 +4 offset rota rb's and my caps work fine!

I wouldn't like running without caps either, but I have seen that a lot with the bigger Rotas

I ordered the Rota RBR 16x8 + 10 all around should get them in a few days. Now looking for tires . lets see what i get when i put the rims on the car.

For the guys that the center cap fits . Do you have the original hub or after market?

Edited by galban

I have always wondered why I have seen so many RB's running without the caps. I have all of mine on, but don't remember if or what I did to make them work. It might have something to do with my Wildwood rotors? I think I did wind up smashing the bearing cap slightly to give the cap room. My wheels are +4 offset

Im all original don't fit. Need about 1/2to 5/8 on the cap. i have 16x8 +10. I even put a 6mm spacer.Didn't help. question. with 6mm do i need to change the studs? I called Rota to see if they sell different size caps .

To all here is the TRUTH about Rota RB rims.

I’m surprised the all that have stagger rims on their Z can’t see the different on the rims for them self and share this information with others.

Rota RB 16X7 +4 or +10 will fit the Z front hub with no problem.. But if you go to 16X8 +4 or +10 they are a totally DIFFERENT rim they are call Rota RBR which this rim will NOT fit the Z front hub.

I wish I knew this information before I bought these rims. I hope this will help other Z cars owners

Interesting. But to be honest, I can't recall ever hearing of anyone having staggered sizes in this rim before. Generally a Z is fairly well balanced (unlike my Porsche) and benefits from having all four the same size.

18Racing.com shows rb and rbr, the wider "royal lip," and they sell stagger (7.5 rb & 8.5 rbr x 17 and 6 rb & 8 rb x 16) sets, and site shows inventory. Galban, are all four of your rims same? What measure? Site may be helpful, as you can zoom on photos and see rim depth difference, rb vs rbr. Is there a difference in thickness of the wheel mounting face, perhaps? Will the rim fit the front with bearing dust cap removed or flattened? Interesting problem. Like to know how this works out for you. I had settled on a 17" stagger set of these, but haven't ordered yet. Thanks for posting.

My rims are RBR 16X8 + 10 this rim WILL NOT fit the front hub they are made for the rear of the car you could use them without the center cap.. Dont make the same mistake I did.

But The RB 16X7 will fit the hub....

I'm going to guess that the 16x8 wheel and perhaps the 17x8.5 may have a thinner mounting face than the 7 and 7.5. I've tried to get information from rota and from 18 racing to confirm that, but no responses. Maybe someone here can tell me. I suppose that makes sense. Just wondering if the 7.5 and 8.5 look reasonable as a set. Galban, as long as you can keep the bearings from drying out, you should be ok with only the wheel center caps. Did you try "smashing" the bearing caps a little; would that help?