IGNORED

My Datsun 240Z

1 minute ago, bartsscooterservice said:

Does it really matter ? I can't seem to find 240 straps. I do have this one also, but the previous one snapped:

Datsun 240Z 260Z 280Z Differential Arrestor Band Belt Rear 413 | eBay 

if i put this one, next to the used oem one from the 280z they are the same length and width 

All the pics are dead, but here's a thread I put together a bunch of years ago about my diff strap project:
https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/55955-my-new-diff-mount-and-strap-project/

And here's a couple of the pics that don't show up in that thread anymore. Here's the older and newer side by side:
P1090682.JPG

I found early strap to be 537mm and the later strap to be a little shorter at 529:
P1090683.JPG

And here's what I ended up making for my car. I used heavy duty nylon web strap and made my own:
P1090775.JPG

P1110738.JPG

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Like 2

I doubt the difference in length really matters. I just wasn't sure if you were going for a complete stock result or not. From a functional standpoint, I think you'll be fine.

21 hours ago, Patcon said:

How has it held up? How much abuse has it received?

I haven't even really thought about until this thread came up. So the good news is my diff isn't clunking, but I haven't looked at it since I put it in. Maybe checked it once to make sure everything looked OK, and then completely forgot about it. So... I'm guessing it's fine?  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2