IGNORED

My Datsun 240Z

• 4 months later...

I haven't been driving much with the Z lately, the weather just started to clear up in June..

I did adjust the valves ( it was mostly the exhaust valves, which needed adjustement.. ) back to spec. Gave it some new oil and a nissan oil filter.

When inspecting the car from underneath I found out the joints from the driveshafts where worn out..  So currently al 3 shafts are at a local rebuild shop.

Other things to do are replacing the lower ball joints in the front, and the v belt for the dynamo. 

Expecting to have her back on the road in 2 weeks or so :)

I also fixed to antenna. Nylon cord was broken off..

331m99z.jpg

• Like 2

The Mustang I had problems with the AOD that came from a shop in Florida " they claimed " up to 700hp, well it failed within 200 miles or so when I gave it some real power to it. Oil smelled burned as hell when I drained it.... Car was slipping in drive badly.  Tired of sending it back and losing trust in that shop ( bye bye 2 k...$$$), I found a local USA transmission shop that also specializes in high performance, so I am pretty condifent it will work out this time, and the tranny will hold the power. Let's wait and see.

Also I did manage to tune the engine a bit more, it needed way more fuel.. and I adjusted the timing curve. Not done yet there, but I need a good AOD first...

vwy6o9.jpg

2jxf6t.jpg

Allright.. the axles are back under the car, also replaced the front lower ball joints ( pain .. ) , dynamo v belt and transmission oil. The transmission and differential may need a rebuild in the future ( within 5 years ), but for now I will leave it at this, it still works fine, it's not bad. I torqued everything down on the front when the car was on it's wheels ( pushed the suspension a few times before torquing it down, thought it was better this way. I had to kill a socket in the turning bench to fit on the castle nut tight space, so I could torque it down to 70 NM.

I will need to get it re-aligned coming week, but then I can drive it again for few more summer months.. ( hope weather will be dry... )

The Mustang I am waiting for the AOD Automatic transmission to come back in a few weeks, and will work from there..

11ukqir.jpg

wrcoit.jpg

2jfge2o.jpg

wvskd0.jpg

2jewilh.jpg

jpy1jl.jpg

34i66o5.jpg

ztfz3p.jpg

wu2o2f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:34 AM, dutchzcarguy said:

By turning bench ? Bart means a Lathe..   Oh and by the way, how did you know the castlenut had to be fastened to 70 Nm?  just kidding!! ... as they say: just busting your chops  (of zoiets.. ?)

Haha yeah, you have the bible ;)

Lathe ? Mm ok.. sounds like a coffee LOL ,  I don't know the English word for " Draaibank "

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:06 AM, dutchzcarguy said:

Draai =turn or turning    and  bank = Bench.. so…. a draaibank is a turning bench.. haha..  sometimes things are called completly different.. a Lathe  (zeg maar lèèthe.. met de engelse th..)  is a nice example..

I looked it up on google, that gives 3 possible answers, so I took the wrong one I guess ;)