IGNORED

My Datsun 240Z

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

So far things I need to do are torque everything on the front end down now it's on the wheels, and bleed the front brakes again. Then it can drive again. Engine runs fine now with the new waterpump. Alternator is giving a maximum of 15 volts @ the battery, is this okay or to high ? I am not sure. The condensator on the alternator is broken, I need to get a new one, or can I leave it out ?

At least I can drive, but it would be nice if the diff from LeonV makes it to here.. and the part from Charles. W'll see.

Meantime I managed to fix all the locks. The situation was I only got 1 key with the car from Stolze, and it didn't fit the other locks, now I took my rear hatch lock to a professional company in security and locks, and they made 2 new keys for the lock, and it now also works on the doors.. so the ignition lock must have been changed somewhere.

Hi Bart -

Alan VanGundy here - previous owner of your '71 before it crossed the pond! It's great to have found you and hear these updates on "my" 240!

As a couple other members noted, I had the car for sale locally but ended up selling it to Stolze on Ebay. When the car left on an auto transport to the Netherlands, I figured it was the last time I would see it or hear of it. Small world indeed! I had found pictures of it on Stolze's website but I'm glad to learn it has found a permenant home.

I was on these forums regularly when I owned the Z but haven't been around much since selling it. Imagine my surprise today when I found your comment on the Youtube video and finding this thread on Classic Z. I imagine it might have equaled your surprise when you found YOUR 240 on Youtube!

Anyway, I have owned several "classic" cars and always appreciated knowing their history so I'm glad you received the paperwork I sent along with the car. I'll be happy to chat with you more and share comments on the car.

Alan V.

Alan,

I think I found out the rear bumper must have been damaged during shipment!

Gr Bart

• 2 weeks later...

Okay.. it's back on the road again. LeonV managed to drop off the diff, so let's see if it makes it to Stolze. I also changed the engine and gearbox mounts, the ride is pretty good now.

29 september the 240z will join a local classic car rally..

Betuwse Rally voor oldtimers, Bemmel on Wheels

• 4 weeks later...

I got the rebuild ztherapy carbs from Chris ( Grannyknot ) today, and mounted them this evening. ( pics to follow tomorrow ). But she doesn't want to start, if I use starterfluid into the air filter there's a reaction from the engine. So I believe it's not getting enough fuel. I did crank for quite a while with the choke on, but only little reaction from the engine. Any advice ? I'll look tomorrow again.

okay, itˊs not the fuel delivery, the carbs are great by the way thanks chris! Ignition problems again :( . My brother is helping, wˊll continue tomorrow. We managed to get it running, but something is very wrong with the ignition timing, also the crankshaft pulley key was missing ! ( so the timing marks on the pulley are wrong ) Updates to follow. I want to have it ready for next week, because of the classic car rally on sunday.

Edited by bartsscooterservice