IGNORED

Reproduction S30 parts NLA.......

9teen7t240z

Mike,

That's a good point regarding reproduction ash trays. Since I need a replacement ash tray, I figured I'd have to respray the console and ash tray to bring the color back anyway. This step of the restoration is years down the road, so maybe by then we'll have some new reproductions!

Robert S.

I'm not sure what an "ashtray/fusebox cover" is. or what is meant by that. So just to be clear...The Series I cars have an ashtray and a cover on the top of the fusebox. Both in good condition are getting hard to come by.

FWIW,

Carl B.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59753[/ATTACH]

This is what is meant... its an ashtray on a cover that says "fuse". What would be the official name, as to avoid confusion? Also there are 2 styles of lids, as illustrated by the picture borrowed from Jay's site.

Edited by Decoy12

I want to thank everyone for your recommendations and input into this thread. While I continue to attempt to determine the current availability status of many of the items requested, it does seem that I'm slowly beginning to narrow the field. The biggest problem is that "availability" seems to be extremely dynamic.....parts which many advertise as being available are not currently "in stock", and parts that have long been considered as extinct are either being made by a less visible vendor or are "projects under development" by someone. What a quagmire!

Anyway.......the narrowed list, at present, looks like this:

1. Stainless steel surrounds for gnose and stock headlight covers, with the associated headlight covers to ensure proper fit and design

2. Euro/JDM tail light assemblies and lenses for 240z

3. Series 1 consoles with all attachments (ashtrays, choke plates, coin box, etc.)

4. Series 2 240z consoles (ditto above)

5. Threshold plates

6. Turn signal switch

7. heater cores for 240z

8. engine bay lights (seems that is a recent NLA piece)

9. rod and ball linkages for throttle assembly

I realize that there were other requests, and they will not be ignored. However, I can only attempt a few of these projects at a time as I do have a business to run (LOL). If anyone would like to volunteer any "cores" for this effort....please let me know. Thanks again for your ideas.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by RIP260Z View Post

9teen7t240z,

Threshold plates have been mentioned, but could you change the lettering (in the same style) from Datsun to Nissan?

NO - NO - NO!! If they aren't original to the DATSUN 240Z - they wouldn't be any good for restorations. You might as well send the old set out to be Chromed.

If there is a large enough market - might be possible to stamp them both ways.. Is there a market?

FWIW,

Carl B.

There is a market from my point of view.... I only asked if 9teen would consider it, and if so, what would the "production run" be? All it is is changing a few letters... Did I mention anything about Datsun 240z?

If you don't ask....

Hello Mike,

Why don'y you try China ( or India ) ?, they are very good in copying parts and cheap labour costs.

gr bart

Bart,

I am currently doing business in Southeast Asia and that is where I'll be sourcing bids/quotes for all of the reproduction parts. I don't think anyone here in the States could or would consider such limited production runs at anything that resembles an affordable price. Frankly, I may not be able to accomplish the goal in Asia either, but I believe that this strategy will give me the best opportunity for success. Thanks for your input.

Mike

Cheers Mike, I will dig out my tatty ones to measure.... attached is an image taken from a Yahoo auction.... Thinking about it, only the "i" would need "making", as the other letters for Nissan are in Datsun. Thanks for considering my slightly off piste request.

Ta

Ian

post-6856-14150822415369_thumb.jpg