IGNORED

Zcon 2013

gnosez

The reduced room rates at the convention hotel, the Crowne Plaza in Nashua, NH, will expire on Sunday, March 31st.

Reserve your room now and safe $10./night, which if you stay for 5 or 6 night is almost the cost of registering for the convention itself.

Sounds liike a great convention:

"Starting with our special quest, Bob Sharp, who will regale us with great tales from the days of Bob Sharp Racing, Paul Newman, Tom Cruise and Walter Payton at the opening reception, to the return of the Texas Chili and Margarita party, a car show held on the grounds of the Anheuser Busch Brewery, downtown dining in Nashua, a road rallye along the back roads of western New Hampshire, a full day at the 1.6 mile road course at the New Hampshire Motorsport Speedway, followed by a traditional New England clam bake and lobster dinner, a separate day of auto-crossing and a day into Boston with rides on the Ducks and a tour of historic Fenway Park before returning for the closing banquet and awards ceremony. We invite you to experience all of this and more!"

• 1 month later...

Latest Update

Please pass the word - this is the 10th year anniversary of the last time we had a convention in NH. Here are some of the highlights for this year's event:

- New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS) - HPDE track event!

Get on-track and go fast legally while learning a bit more about your Z and car control.

- Anheuser-Busch location car show (free brewery tour)

- Autocross - at NHMS

- Scenic New England cruise and Poker Run

- Clam bake & lobster boil!

- Special Guests: Bob Sharp (of Bob Sharp Racing), Mr. Matsuo (240z Designer), and Randy Rodriguez (370z Designer)

- Banquet & Awards Dinner (possible Yutaka Katayama participation via video conference)

Please spread the word at your car club events! You can follow ZCON 2013 on Twitter or via Facebook (search for "ZCON").

Clean up the Z's and get to NH this August! You can register today at ZCON.

• 3 weeks later...

Ten Things Not to Miss – ZCON 2013

1. Bob Sharp and Yoshihiko Matsuo

2. NHMS 1.6 mile track day

3. BSR 280ZXTT up close

4. Lobster, clam chowder, corn on the cob, and strawberry shortcake

5. Car show at Anheuser -Busch brewery

6. Scenic New Hampshire road rallye

7. Boston Duck and Fenway Park tours

8. Never before seen 21-minute film done 42 yrs ago about Bob Sharp

9. Autocrossing at NHMS

10. Texas Chili and Margarita Party (not stinkin’ ice cream)

• 3 weeks later...

Before the BSR 240Z got painted red, white and blue it was candy apple red without fender flares and wider tires but it still raced in C Production against Vettes, Mustangs and Camaros with V-8s and yes, Bob Sharp won those races.

Make sure you're there on Monday night August 5th to witness the world premier of the 21 minute film produced in 1971 but never shown.

Met the filmmakers son and learn how this all came about and then listen to Bob talk about racing, Paul Newman and life.

OK, I can't take this any more. I'm going to have to sadly put this thread on "ignore". I can't make it to this one and its KILLING me. :cry:

Why didn't you people tell me these things were so much fun? Why did I have to finally go last year and find out what I've been missing? How am I going to afford to get to all of the future conventions? How am I EVER going to be able to thank the organizers enough for what they do?

I can't even dream of a way to turn it into a "business" trip as there isn't a lick of oil or gas any where NEAR Nashua NH. Unless I'm missing something. Someone, anyone with ANY oil/gas operating company, invite me down for a "meeting", please!!!! Maybe there's offshore oil we can find together, its perfectly safe, really! Lobsters love it.

Oh fine then, everyone who IS going, just go and enjoy yourselves, and don't let Mad Mike talk to you, cause you never know...

See you next year in SD!!! ;)

• 1 month later...