IGNORED

Retractable Seat Belt Restoration for my 1972

JLPurcell

i just checked my 72 belts ( no retractors) . if you flip the male connector over then u can see the slot for the shoulder belt. it's on the inside of the male part.

On the retractable belts the keyhole for the shoulder harness is within the loop where the webbing attaches to the male end of the lap belt. Thus this was missed by Ssnake Oyl. They, rather than re-chrome my ends installed new incorrect ends. I have attached photos of one of my original belts which were returned with my restored belts by Ssnake Oyl.

post-7454-14150822770636_thumb.jpg

post-7454-14150822771226_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Jerry.

Are you still on this site? my son and I are restoriing a 240z and we are now working on the seat belts. I have accumulated 2 sets in our attempt to make 1 working set. Your blog is fantastic! I do have one question however. Did you purchase a new retraction spring from the hardware store? My springs are completely rusted. Any hints on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim

• 2 years later...
On 5/15/2014 at 8:17 PM, jcanyon said:

Jerry.

Are you still on this site? my son and I are restoriing a 240z and we are now working on the seat belts. I have accumulated 2 sets in our attempt to make 1 working set. Your blog is fantastic! I do have one question however. Did you purchase a new retraction spring from the hardware store? My springs are completely rusted. Any hints on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim

Jim, I was not active on this site once I stated restoring my Land Cruiser. I am finished with that project and back on this site more regularly, I apologize for missing your question in 2014. If I can help your or your son in the future please do not hesitate

Mr Purcell I had a the same color combo as your 240 but recently sold it.  I remember a conversation about the correct rocker stripes and since then have found some for a good price.  I can't remember if you already had your's or not but here's the link.

http://stripegarage.com/collections/datsun-240z-260z-280z/products/datsun-240-z-triple-stripe-vinyl-decal?variant=14729170374

• Like 1