IGNORED

Interior Ergonomics

HS30-H

You guys are much too clever with Photoshop. I'm too scared to even start that program up.............

Fred - I think your dual-brake design needs patenting straight away!

Alfadog - I like the handle in the middle of the driver's seat. I can imagine that there are people out there who would like to see me 'sit on it'.................

Seriously though, isn't it interesting how its now located on the left side of the tunnel on both LHD and RHD versions? OK - its not quite as far away as on the S30-series, but its still going to be easier to use for one version or the other. Just like on the S30, one of the versions must be 'wrong' ( or at least less 'right' than the other...... ).

Alan T.

Originally posted by Zvoiture

>>>>Yes that blue drawing is nice, however I prefer the rear end of the real Z. The <<<<

Sure...love the concept drawings...but the blue one is just a little too Opel Gt for me.

steve

Hi Steve,

It DOES look a little like the Opel GT doesn't it?

Mr Matsuo's styling sketch is attributed to the late 1965 to early 1966 period in the 1970 Japanese publication that I picked it up from ( a full report on the concept, design and productionising on the S30-series Z ). The Opel GT was put on sale in 1968.

I think it probably shows that Stylists and Car Designers were all pretty much thinking along the same lines in that period, rather than anything more sinister!

Alan T.

My LHD '86 Z31 has the brake lever where it belongs--in the passenger compartment.

I've never seen a RHD Z31, but a pic in a magazine of a 200ZR (home market ONLY, I believe) shows it on the right side of the tunnel too.

The Z32 was the first model where the brake position was 'integrated' into the console design. On LHD models, it is on the right.

steve

Nice pictures Alan - bravo ! Now if you just had them on video as I have... along with the '71 and '72 East African Safari rallys and some 240Z crash testing ! I'm also hoping to receive soon the RAC rally.

I will copy and send anyone these clips circa mins in exchange for film coverage of 240Zs that I haven't got.

Isn't it time that such coverage was pooled ?

I also figure that you left hookers have broken the choke handle whilst leaning for the handbrake ! And it is nice to have it to hand and not fumble under the dash !

I'm still trying to work out what carguyinok was doing in his Zs - surely it would have been easier for the pair of you to climb in through the hatch !

I vote with you guys and say that the LH and RH drive versions were decided at a certain point on the line and it was after the handbrake placement.