IGNORED

5 speed knob reproduction?

Decoy12

I wonder if you're better off buying one of the repop fat 5-speed knobs and lathing it down? The shift map is not identical to the original style, but it might still provide decent results.

Anyways, I sympathize with your plight. I managed to find a good used 5-speed thin knob in Japan for a cool $150, but I'm also in need of another, so if anything comes to fruition, I'd be interested in one.

Pet Peeve: There is nothing "euro" about the Datsun / Nissan / Fairlady / S30 / 240-60-80 Z! It's a Japanese car.

So that's ur-gelis, huh? Ha-ha, 72OJ, if it feels good in your hand...

Georgia Bulldogs have a lot of bark, a mean bark, but Gators bite!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57305[/ATTACH] This is the proper shift knob for a Japanese Classic Sport Motor Car ;)
In your opinion, perhaps. I most certainly do not agree. Too modern, not "Classic" at all.

But that is just my opinion, and others are free to do as they wish.

Well I respect your personal opinion , the original knob/stick and steering wheel replacements are very popular mods from day one, I never liked the truck like stick shift( sits to high ) or the skinny steering wheel ( no grip ) we do to them what we like ;)post-25833-14150820892205_thumb.jpg

post-25833-14150820891897_thumb.jpg

Edited by 72 OJ

I finally noticed the 5 SPD Euro knob appears to have a drop shadow around the numbers and everything else.[ATTACH=CONFIG]57303[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]57304[/ATTACH]

That's part of what I'm doing to my art. I'll try using your template, as the scale relative scale and font are correct. Thanks for posting this.

Oiluj,

You are welcome for the post. If you can figure out how to put those drop shadows on a shift pattern I will stand up and salute you smartly!

Mike

Here is what it looks like on a shift knob that I got yesterday that needs sanding and re-varnishing:

post-18366-14150820895172_thumb.jpg

Captain Obvious,

I am not sure I am using the correct terminology but if you look at the black and white shift knob picture in Koalia's post (post #30 in this thread) there are slightly darker "shadows" that outline the numbers and other markings on that shift knob if I am seeing them correctly. Some fonts come that way though I could not find anything on the net that looked remotely correct for Koalia's shift knob. Wish I knew more about resolution but I think to get those shadows on the shift map artwork I posted a higher resolution is needed, anyone know more about this?

Mike

Edited by Mikes Z car
Correct Koalia's post number