IGNORED

DIY: How to Recover Your Z Seats - LOTS OF PICTURES

Hardway

What do you think your price per seat was? Tools and material?

The breakdown above includes the prices of everything I had to buy that I did not already have. It comes out to $582 so if you split that it comes to $291 and that is of course my time being worth $0. If I was paying myself $10/hr and have 8 hours in it, that brings the total ito $371 for the single seat.

• Like 1

Hey Madkaw. Good question, let me clarify as the website is a bit confusing. $405 is for the covers and cushions together which is a savings of $90. I did not buy my covers through CD. The cushions are $125 per set so I paid $250 plus $60 for shipping for a total of $310. I hope that helps with the price.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I did my seats over the winter with the same kit. Looks like you had pretty much the same results I did. Took me longer and I reused my old seat foams and built them up where they were broken down. I do have a question for anyone with a 240 though. I just got new seat belt holders but I am having a hard time finding the installation holes through the new vinyl. Can anyone get me a measurement from the top of the upper mounting arm to the screw hole. I want to be sure I have the correct location before I poke a hole in my new covers!

Thanks!

Rich: Post #29 here: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/interior-s30/47534-240z-seat-belt-hangers.html

"From the center of that top chrome phillips oval head machine screw that secures the top of the seat back bracket to the center of the small phillip self tapping screws that fastens the small J-hook to the outer side of the seat back measures exactly 8 1/2". "

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am going to do my seats with the same foam. I have not taken the seats out yet as I want to have everything necessary before doing so.

My question, there are a lot of different size hog rings available. What size is used on these seats. The smallest I have found are 1" and I think that is probably what I need.

Any advice on which to get?

Thanks,

John