IGNORED

I spy a z!

madkaw

I was sitting at a red light and noticed this 240 at a quickie brake shop..... I would assume getting brakes. I have never seen this one in Knoxville.

It sat there for almost a week outside, good thing no one stole the D hubcaps.

post-13312-1415082452438_thumb.jpg

Last Friday morning I was coming out of a parking lot and saw a nice yellow 240Z heading north on Broadview rd. Broadview Hts. OH. He stopped at the lite and I pulled up behind him in my 72 Z. I honked and waved to get his attention, the lite changed he took off, I followed for a while. I guess he didn't want to stop, so I turned around and headed home.

Saw a blue 260Z pulling into the same gas station I was in. Went over and spoke with the lady driving it. She looked at her car and said I should have sold this car 8 years ago but it is so much fun driving it. She uses the same Z mechanic I do; that is when I don't do my own work. She said she is going to get it repainted and that the current paint job lasted 8 years. She doesn't have a garage.

• 2 weeks later...

I got spied by a silver 280ZX. When I went to my car for a lunch break, I found a 240z HotWheels with a note written on it.

The note said,

"Keep it in your car & check the back" and on the reverse side,

"I love your 240! I had this lying around and thought it was relevant! - The Silver 280ZX"

Only with a classic car can you leave your window down, and people give you things - not steal them.

three of my favorite things (food, my kids, and datsuns) recently merged into a memorable moment...

~ sitting at a table by the window at the applebee's in harrisburg, pa a couple weeks back, when my middle son said "daaaddd... a datsun's out there". the weather wasn't perfect, my back was to the window, and he's barely 4, but he's not a "story teller", so i figured there must be something similar enough to cause the confusion. i said "wow, how odd. must be something else. what color?". just as he said "yellow", the two closest lanes of traffic that had been stopped at the red light on the far side of the road started to move, and exposed a clear view of a yellow 240z.

been here over a decade, and i recognize most of the (few) local S30 cars... but i've not seen this one before.

next time, i'll believe him.