IGNORED

What makes a Z a Z? What modifacations go too far to be called a Z?

hls30.com

What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?

• A non L series Engine
    • A non Z Engine
    • A Non Nissan Engine
    • Non Z ECM transplant
    • Non Z ECM
    • Harness Grafting
    • Too many Interior modifications
    • Too many Exterior Modifications
    • Any deviation from as the factory made it
    • ANy deviation from stock not covered by parts supercession

Wait a minute now, if you wanna play that game...LS7 505 horsepower / 475 lb.-ft. torque not quite 32 mpg-but putting a V8 in a Z is not done primarily for gas mileage-if gas mileage is your ultimate goal, a volkswagon TDI engine will drop right in a Z-with room to spare and get mighty close to 50pg with the right tranny!

What about the LSA 556 bhp (415 kW) at 6100 rpm and 551 lb·ft (747 N·m) at 3800 rpm.

As luck would have it, the LS7 and the LSA are available with bright red valve covers with CORVETTE Written on them for those into such things...I am sure someone could make up something similar for the tdi engine-hough a Cadillac badge on the LSA would be something different-soo many of those corvette covers already in Zs...;)

Aint I a stinka!

Truth is I looked at all of these-the Cadillac LS Crate motors were a serious deal for a while, I even looked at buying a rolling Vette chassis, and putting it under my 240Z. but in the end it would have been a rebodied Vette to me-not what I wanted. I did look at Jag and BMW 12 cylinders for the Alpha1 rebody-after I found that a Ferrari V12 was 20k in need a rebuild...

I settled on a modified L28ET with some stealth tricks to make it more Ferarriesque Alpha1GTO-still in the works.

For the 240z, A quick change drivetrain was the ticket-change car show classes in an hour-sucker someone with the OE Drive train early, and worry the crap out of them later in the morning with the modified L28ET!

Edited by hls30.com

OJ-

First of all,

I only take photos for myself- anything else is for vanity, and I don't do that.

Secondly,

If I wanted great mileage, I'd install my micro-fusion powerplant and get infinite "gas mileage"..;) But for now, we all use the infernal combustion engines.

Phoebe Cates-

She got MUCH better looking with age- like a fine wine or liquor. Unfortunately, she has no twin sister(s). :cry:

Will-

Remember that Mr. Ferrari also won races like the Milli Miglia and LeMans 24 with I4- I6- and V6 engines... And Drum brakes all around! :D

Edited by TomoHawk

TomoHawk, all that critique on proper engine presentation , and you deny us to see what you have done to your Z :disappoin................BTW on your profile I believe there are some old pics of your Z, it will be nice to see the improvements you have made ;)

Edited by 72 OJ

OK...

One of the choices for the poll was Interior Modifications. What modifications to the interior make you think the S30 has lost its appeal, or Z-ness?

My choices:

• Subwoofers
  • Video screens
  • Racing seats with custom logo'd inserts
  • roll bars

OK...

One of the choices for the poll was Interior Modifications. What modifications to the interior make you think the S30 has lost its appeal, or Z-ness?

My choices:

• Subwoofers
  • Video screens
  • Racing seats with custom logo'd inserts
  • roll bars

I have all the above.............................Tom come on, post pics of your Z, with all the nice and informative posts you make , you must have a Zweet Z ;)

Bryan, this is typical....on course off course....................the poll is still open and the Zness converse pop's up :cool:

The wheels came off this thread over 100 posts ago when the fighting started. Several people are at fault, but a lot of your posts have been deleted. If you were to take the initiative and help change the tone, I think we could get this thread back on course.