IGNORED

S30 in 3d

INST3D

Looking good! There is some guy who just posted about making the L24 engine in a CAD program (hope I am using that right). Anyway, bumping this so maybe he'll see it, too.

Btw, I didn't realize you could do so much with the rendering programs. The spark plugs, freeze plugs, etc. All very cool!

AAaaah, you missed the earlier post. The picture with the body, motor and Panasports is the combined models. INST3D is using one type of software and I am using SolidWorks. I was able import his model (the body) into my CADD program (motor and wheels) and assemble. Works well.

Currently "affordable" printers can't print that high quality models that we have,we are making the models for some insane renders

Sorry for not posting updates on the body,I'm learning softimage XSI,that's much more better 3d-programm than 3ds max (that one I was working in)

Also will try to re-capture the demonstration of the process later on

Thanks for taking the time to capture and upload the video. I gained some insights into using Autocad from your work, I think you said you were using Autocad but there was discussion of another program too. If too many people see your skills with Autocad someone is going to offer you a job if you don't already have one and maybe if you do have one!

Edited by Mikes Z car

• 2 weeks later...

It is like a work from Leonardo !!! Brilliant!

I guess once digitized, it can be mathematically analyzed to highlight structurally weak and strong areas then modified to improve. It would be great for designing after market parts and proving ones that already exist as well as roll/structural cage mounting locations..... probably aerodynamics too!

Great tool!