IGNORED

It runs and it drives!

Tiffanie

This is a sorta continuation of my original post a while (years) back. http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/thread40278.html

My dad passed away in January so my handy free labor mechanic/body man were gone but my dreams of my sweet yellow z car were not.

So thankfully I live near the same town that one of the best imo Z shops is and even more thankfully my 240z was only parked 2 blocks from Pettersen Motorworks, a nice easy tow. I drove into town the same time it was being towed over and it was like wow 'My car is on a street for once' even if it was on a tow truck LOL

Long story short I scraped together what money a young person can, put it all in my Z, visited her like everyday, polished till my hands were sore, and now I can proudly state I'm part of the 'Yay me and my car can go to the supermarket, park next to the local kid's 350z and smirk at him at the checkout line' club. Cuz ya know, they're cool but a 240z is sooo much better.

On a more serious note, I had to stop by and brag a little for my small accomplishment of a running z and hopefully as money permits I can post updates as I continue it's improvement. A sound system is a must, you can't even get music on the stock AM radios ughhh.

So here's some pics.

Polishing progress, I have much more done now. But what a difference!

IMG_4387.jpg

Me & the Z. The polishing made me look haggard cough cough.

IMG_4397.jpg

First time I drove her, I almost cried. Hell I almost cried when I first heard her start.

IMG_4394.jpg

And when I finally drove her home, an awesome day. I probably should have remembered the date haha.

IMG_4420.jpg

post-20882-14150819388536_thumb.jpg

Congrats, and sorry about your dad.

It funny you mention about the motor starting. One of my favorite movies is The Flight of the Phoenix (the Jimmy Stewart version). I always tear up when he gets the engine to run.

Elbow grease is the most valuable kind. Keep it up. My advice is also to always take your time. When you work on it, keep the projects manageable, and always repair/replace/clean/refurbish anything you unscrew, remove, or loosen. When it goes back together, you will know with great confidence that is right and set to go for another 30 years. The car was designed right from day one. You just have to slowly turn the clock back. Project by project those hands tick backwards

I bought my daughter a 73 automatic 240 back in 2005, she did not like no power steering so now I drive it and she got a 2005 Sentra SER instead. I am sorry to hear about you Pop's my condolences. I really like that your car has all the history of ownership, my friend Rich made some great points about keeping all the original parts somewhere just incase you want to restore it back to original condition. I have modified my 73, put I have all the parts I took off stored in the garage.

Enjoy the Ride.