IGNORED

Anyone want new door cores made out of fiberglass for the vinyl kits?

conedodger

I got mine last week from Pete they look great. he dose nice work. mine have the speaker pods. i know not what you guys like but my son wants this car to thump???? i will get some pics up soon.

It's all about individual expression Kacrow76... If that's what your son wants, that's what he should do. A friend and I are working on a sub-box that fits in the spare tire well... Fiberglass with a wood top. We will be making more than one if he's interested... It isn't that I am a concours weenie. I like the car to look substantially stock but have some really cool undertone. I think what Pete did with that speaker pod is great!

can some one tell me are the window cranks in the same place on the 76 280 as on the 240? i got the new door panels from pete with the speaker pods and looks like the window crank will not work.waiting to here back from him. if i have to go elec. who sells them?

can some one tell me are the window cranks in the same place on the 76 280 as on the 240? i got the new door panels from pete with the speaker pods and looks like the window crank will not work.waiting to here back from him. if i have to go elec. who sells them?

I hear that the door panels on the 280Z are slightly longer? Did you tell Pete what year car when you ordered? His brother is handling things while he is recovering. It could be he doesn't know that...

Be careful. There are at least 3 types of 280Z door panels. One fits the 260Z and 75 & 76 280Z. The other is for the 77 & 78 280Z. I do not know if there was any differentiation in the 2+2 door panels for the various years, though a little research of the parts manual could clear that up.

Anyway, if I can remember, I'll compare the door panels when I get home.

Steve

Edited by SteveJ
cleaning up punctuation

I checked my spare 260Z/280Z (74-76) door panels against the 73 door panels. The window cranks are in the same position and the dimensions look about the same. Why do you think you need electric motors for your windows?

Added: If you REALLY want an electric window kit, you can find them on Amazon and many other sites.

Edited by SteveJ