IGNORED

Anyone want new door cores made out of fiberglass for the vinyl kits?

conedodger

I recently bought the vinyl kit for my door panels from Classic Datsun Motorsport. The quality exceeded my expectations! Then came the problem. I discovered that my door panel pressed board was kind of wonky... :ermm: Here is the good news; I have a friend in Oregon who has a company that manufactures parts for vintage Porsches. His quality is impeccable. If he can't make it better or as good as OEM, he just will keep trying till he does. He made door panels for my 914 with a fiberglass core and new vinyl that looks EXACTLY like the factory panels. They will never warp because they are fiberglass and could care less about moisture. He has agreed to make door panel cores out of fiberglass for our early Z cars. He needs excellent core panels to work with though... :disappoin I got crap.

Anyone have a set of great ones he can use? The good news is that when he makes a new product he usually has a group buy and sells the first batch at his cost.

You can see examples of his work at his website 914rubber.com

He sells the 914 reproduction fiberglass core at $105 for the pair retail. As I said, he would very probably do a group buy to sell out the first run.

Full replacement panels? I have seen a few NOS panels in black and blue selling on eBay for $900+. I do ok but I'm not stupid. Where are these replacement panels coming from?

Guys since this has always been a problem to be able to re-wrap the damaged panels we started to reproduce new panels and the project has stalled out several times and I have recently gotten it back on track so we can have new panels. I will keep you al posted on the progress.

Les

Guys since this has always been a problem to be able to re-wrap the damaged panels we started to reproduce new panels and the project has stalled out several times and I have recently gotten it back on track so we can have new panels. I will keep you al posted on the progress.

Les

Les,

Would we need to send our metal trim pieces to you for fitting to the new panels? And, approximately how much for the panels alone, and/or for a turn-key pair fitted with your covers and fuzzy?

Thanks, Mike