IGNORED

240z Tail Light Shroud Color

ksbeta

• 2 years later...

Question on the Duplicolor #102 Graphite. I've sprayed my rear finisher 2 or 3 times. In between coats I've knocked the sheen off with 0000 steel wool. It looks so good dull I want to spray the matte clear over the lightly sanded Duplicolor. Would that be a mistake? It get's the metallic looking sparkles out but everything I've read says spray the matte straight on the Duplicolor. I'm guessing "it's up to you" will be the consensus but was hoping to hear someone else had done the same.

Thanks for any experiences.

Cliff

Thanks Dennis, I'd read about the reproduction strips but mine are in pretty good shape for now. I only broke off a 1/4" of that center post removing them and am hoping silicone dobbs will hold it in place until I am ready to do a full on restoration.

After removing them I found that black paint on the red lenses. At 1st I thought it could be soot but it's paint. I don't see the need to re apply it as the strips will cover that area, but if it's needed I'll do it.

OK, now I've found where Dr 240Z has his painted, didn't notice earlier when I read his write up, http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/electrical-s30/51111-240z-tail-light-refurbishment.html

Thanks again Dr 240Z.

Edited by siteunseen