IGNORED

Which of these is a better deal?

JacktheRiffer

Okay found a z for 1200 at an auto sales place. Its a 280 and its missing the back bumper for sure. It only has 50k miles and runs/drives well. The only issue i see is that the interior looks a little nasty and my gear-head friend is saying that this means the car was treated well. Im inclined to just ask the place if they'll take 1000 firm because these cars seem to be very mechanically strong. Would it be worth it?

I agree with Jeff G 78, more time should be spent looking at the underside (where the rust really begins) than the top side, get them on a lift for a proper inspection. If you can push on a rusted place & the metal gives, not good.

Bonzi Lon

Can just tell that first 1 is rusted out bad, just from the few pictures up you can see it all up in the wheel wells, if its up in there that bad then its going to be all over. But for $550 its hard to go wrong with it, at the very least if the car does not pan out and you have plenty of usable parts on it you really will not lose any money on it. The 2nd one is hit or miss, 3500 could get you into a misery, or it could get you lined up on a workable car. Guess the question is how much do you know or want to put into it. I would shy away from the 2nd one due to the price, right off the bat I think 3500 is too much considering you will be putting more into it just to get it driveable. If I had your budget, Id lean towards the first one if I took a look at it and could see I could fix everything on it, that would give me $3000 budget for repairs, getting title in order, tires, whatever else needed. But if it is just rusted out to all hell Id pass on both and keep my eyes open.

Let me just say buy the best car you can.They are all right look hard for the rust. That is a road you don't want to go down.

Take your time keep looking. don't do what i did and go cheep thinking you can fix it up you could end up with a money pit. and i would think about having it shipped. you will be money ahead in the long run.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/2906544970.html

think this would be worth it? even if its just for parts?

Appears to be a bit of body work to undo due to the wheel well flares - unless you like the look. The rear spoiler may also be an issue. From the 240Z emblem shown, looks like an early Z that should have flow through air vents in the rear hatch lid - can't see them in the photo. "working except for a bad carburetor" could mean many things, so tread lightly. This one looks like it may have had a hard life.

Dennis