IGNORED

Which of these is a better deal?

JacktheRiffer

Hard to say without looking at them closely. The first one needs a LOT of work, but if the underbody is clean, it might be worth ~$500. The second one might be a good car, or it might need a ton of work as well. $3500 sounds high unless the upper AND underbody are free of rust. The fact that it needs the fuel tank to be cleaned and sealed tells me that it has been sitting or has some level of rust. Inspect the car very well and post pics of the underbody before you pay $3500.

Hard to say without looking at them closely. The first one needs a LOT of work, but if the underbody is clean, it might be worth ~$500. The second one might be a good car, or it might need a ton of work as well. $3500 sounds high unless the upper AND underbody are free of rust. The fact that it needs the fuel tank to be cleaned and sealed tells me that it has been sitting or has some level of rust. Inspect the car very well and post pics of the underbody before you pay $3500.

I was thinking 3500$ was a little high. According to the seller of the first Z it has rust on the rear hatch and a little bit on the interior of the doors.

It appears that in addition to the physical qualities, the 1st one has no title (run don't walk). The 2nd one DOESN'T say "needs fuel lines" it says, "fuel tank needs to be lined".

I'd probably avoid both and keep looking. What's your budget (how much to acquire and how much to put into repairs)?

Dennis

On the #1 car, what type of title do you need to get? It might be worth $500 if not to badly rusted, check out the usual suspect areas for rust. The #2 car if it needs the tank dropped and cleaned probably needs a lot more stuff done, check it over closely and then decide or wait for a better deal.

Don't be afraid to travel to get a car. I have bought Z cars 200, 300, 800, 800, and 2000 miles from home in order to get what I wanted. Buy the best body you can get as everything else is easy. Rust and paint work is where the big repair $$ is.

Keep in mind that transporters are now on bids for your $.I transported my Z from Sacramento California to Fulton Maryland ,almost 3 K miles for only 800$ in December 2011.:cool:

I paid that much back in 1995 to get my (now Lazeum's) '72 from Phoenix to Detroit.