IGNORED

where's Les now?-Classic Datsun really a business?

madkaw

Les,

I am sympathetic to your issues as a small business man, and I have tried to conduct my business with you keeping this in mind. You know I have had patience, I I have tried to give you time to work this out.

I guess my biggest issue has been the communication, or should I say lack of. It took you 4 weeks to acknowledge that you recieved back the bad flare-which I paid to ship to you. It is obvious that you can type by looking at the novel above. I would have been pleased with a one-liner every once in a while, but I always had to persist to get a response.

And to be clear, the refund was pending on whether you could come up with a fix. I was never given a choice of refund or wait.

I guess I can look at this a doing a service to the Z community as far as noticing the flare had a defect, so maybe we can get these out of the system.

As far as you Les, I will say again, there is nothing personal about this . It is obvious that have pleased many customers and I hope you continue to do so.

regards

Steve

Who's Herman, well he's the guy actually making these flares-Hartman Fiberglass. He admits to making probably 400 sets of these and selling them to MSA(biggest buyer) and Les and probably others.

He was aware of the situation and knew who I was. I guess I am one of few who has voiced a real problem with the driver's side flare. Though I have read many complaints on these forums about flares not fitting properly.

Herman said flat out----this is not Les's fault, it is his. Les pointed out to Herman what the problem is, but Herman can make money selling them just the way they are, so why take time to fix them(paraphrasing what herman said). Time is money to Herman, and he is just a poor small business man. This fix would take an hour of bondo and redoing the mold, which Herman said he will do next week-we will see.

I said to Herman,'maybe I'm just picky, but I want my car to look right', and he agreed that he would be picky too.

I recieved an e-mail from Les and he will refund me, but I don't know, I might stick this out and pester Herman for everyones sake. If I eventually give up, I will return the flares to Les and move on.

I wish someone could drop a driver's fender off for Herman so he can see how the flare fits

Edited by madkaw

Steve

I took your flare directly to Herman as soon as I got it back from you and this has been his response from day one as I had told you he promised to fix the problem but he refuses to do so and he is very frustrated with me for me bitchin about it as you guys are with me because I cannot force him to fix it all I can do is report what I am told or take the steps that I have outlined which where I am going next no more #%$^&* around with this situation as he has done this to me times too numerous to mention. I am done with him. Even though we have limited sources for the things we do it is not worth the headache nor heartache this stuff creates. I am glad that you heard it all direct from the source.

Les

Steve,

While I do feel your pain, I have never not had to rework fiberglass... While I don't have any fiberglass on my Z presently, I bought flares from Bob Sharp Racing back in the early '80's and they were from the same mold the BSR racecar parts were made on. The body shop that sponsored me spent 20 hours on each front fender. Ed the owner of the body shop came into the bar one night while he was working on the car and said "Rob, I love you man but every time I see you - you're buying the drinks forever." That was then, to this day I still buy him a brew every time we are together...

With fiberglass, that's just the way it is...

• 4 weeks later...

Well if anyone has seen or heard from Les, let me know. He recieved my ZG flares over a week ago( fed-ex signed delivery) so I could get a refund and move on with this issue -never have heard a word.

I sent a e-mail to inquire-no response.

Sent PM-no response

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to close out this thread on a good note. Les did come thru in the end and refunded me for the flares. I have no ill will towards Les and it's a shame this went on like it did. Maybe my case was just a bump in the road and I hope Datsun vendors like Les can stay in business to help support our hobby.