IGNORED

where's Les now?-Classic Datsun really a business?

madkaw

I guess I just got lucky a couple of weeks agao when I e-mailed Les at Classic Datsun parts and he called me the same day.

I inquired about some ZG flares via e-mail and he called me the same day-WOW, I'm impressed.

He said he was getting ready to go out of town for a few days and he would get my ZG flares out before he left. So I paid him and sure enough the flares were there a week later.

The problem is that I'm not quite happy with one of the flares and I want to talk to les about this issue. Well I sent him an e-mail and I got nothing back. I called everyday and his voice mailbox is full----------always.

This has been at least a week or more. Is this a way to run a business-even a part time business? I'm on the road all the time and I at least check my messages and answer my e-mails.

any insight on this guys??

I was trying to contact Les last week and received an email that he was on the road and would be back at his shop sometime this week. As I understand it he was traveling all over the states looking for and buying parts. I am waiting to here from him. Les does not seem to be a tech guy thus the lack of on the road communications but I would not worry I am sure he will take care of your problem. jlp

Okay guys, I am a patient man, but hate being left in the dark. I will wait to hear from him- don't have much of a choice I guess.

I think Les should have some kind of disclaimer on his web site to address this situation.

Les is really one of good guys in this business. I know the he was on the east conducting business for a client of his. In this hobby we are lucky to have a place like Classic Datsun Racing. I know he will take care of you, he always does without fail.

Okay guys, I am a patient man, but hate being left in the dark. I will wait to hear from him- don't have much of a choice I guess.
I know where you are coming from, Steve. The uncertainty is worse than the wait itself. I've had an episode or two of significant delays in catching up with Les, but I'm confident that he will contact you when he is available again.

I stopped by Les' shop a few years ago to purchase a carpet and seat set. He appeared to be a one person operation and by the look of all the projects he had in various stages of completion, a very busy guy. I'm sure he'll get back to you, but it won't be like waiting to get a callback from MSA.

The market for S30 stuff is tiny and its not growing. There's maybe 10 guys that make parts for these cars and every single one of those 10 guys have to do something else to feed their families. Me, I do welding and fabrication on all kinds of race cars in addition to making a few parts for the S30.

I've noticed a lot more impatience from customers and attribute it to the additional stresses on people's lives from the economy. Chill out folks. The good guys in this market will get your parts to you. It might not be exactly on your schedule but the parts will arrive.

I appreciate the feedback, not sure I agree with the "chill out" remark. I understand that this a "hobby/part time job" market. I guess having a website tells me that a person is somewhat tech savy and somewhat accessable with the same kind of tech. I didn't realize that Classic Datsun was such a part time venture that it might take weeks to hear back from the owner. I am fully aware that are market is limted and allowances need to be made.

My post was a need for enlightment-as stated. I still think a disclaimer should be in writing on the website that this situation might occur. I would and will do everything to aviod MSA and that's why I gave Les a call.

The market for S30 stuff is tiny and its not growing. There's maybe 10 guys that make parts for these cars and every single one of those 10 guys have to do something else to feed their families. Me, I do welding and fabrication on all kinds of race cars in addition to making a few parts for the S30.

I've noticed a lot more impatience from customers and attribute it to the additional stresses on people's lives from the economy. Chill out folks. The good guys in this market will get your parts to you. It might not be exactly on your schedule but the parts will arrive.

I appreciate the feedback, not sure I agree with the "chill out" remark. I understand that this a "hobby/part time job" market. I guess having a website tells me that a person is somewhat tech savy and somewhat accessable with the same kind of tech. I didn't realize that Classic Datsun was such a part time venture that it might take weeks to hear back from the owner. I am fully aware that are market is limted and allowances need to be made.

My post was a need for enlightment-as stated. I still think a disclaimer should be in writing on the website that this situation might occur. I would and will do everything to aviod MSA and that's why I gave Les a call.

Les is not part time, he is just a very busy small operation with many demands on his time. From what I have seen Les sleeps, eats, and breaths Datsun. I have been patiently waiting for completion of my car for over 5 years and I know that it will have been worth the wait. Although Les is one of, if not, the most knowledgeable Datsun restoration experts today it is seemingly becoming secondary to his Datsun race preparation and race support. I just hope our small group of enthusiast can support such experts in the future so they are always around when we need their expertise and support.;) jlp