IGNORED

Z's at the Barrett Jackson auction.....OPINIONS

72 OJ

BTW I was surprised to see this thread at all, because over the years I had

consistently heard that BJ was pretty "anti" Japanese cars. Anyone else

heard the same?-- or if you heard something different, what was it?

All Z Best,........................Kathy & Rick

Somebody* said something about capitalism battering down Chinese walls. Close enough to apply here, methinks.

Chris

* Karl Marx and Frederich Engles.

Kathy & Rick, post 20 mentions the $500 registration fee you MUST pay in order to even attempt to bid, so that could keep you out of the Big Top. Not sure on the rest of the grounds. Maybe someone went this year that can give us more details on costs involved and what that would get you.

Bonzi Lon

Kathy & Rick, post 20 mentions the $500 registration fee you MUST pay in order to even attempt to bid, so that could keep you out of the Big Top. Not sure on the rest of the grounds. Maybe someone went this year that can give us more details on costs involved and what that would get you.

Bonzi Lon

Or just go to the source.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/tickets/

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/bid/info.asp

Steve

I love their comment that " pricing is up this year ! " when ONE guy buys everything in sight .

That Mr. Mcintyre had , what , 30 pens in his pocket ? And they're basing the economy on his deep pockets?

What a farce . Great eye candy show, but truly unrealistic . The rich ARE richer this year . Waaaa.

Edited by Unkle

You know they are getting too big for their britches!

But I guess you cannot have every guy on the grounds in the big top. Those spaces are reserved for 60 something's and their 28 year old bleach blond trophy wives !!!! LOL

Advances in surgery are also shown this year . Got botox ? : (

Yes it is a big show,big money and BIG time restorations for big pockets , but these venue as well as other auctions are watched by the insurance industry for establishing values,so it has some degree of validity . This old DAT SUN hobby is a money pit , for some of us spending $ under 10k, the low to high teens to the low 20's is justified and for others this is money change.:cool:

Edited by 72 OJ

When I had to pay sales tax at the DMV for my engine-less, disassembled, rolling chassis, 72, they said, according to their books, I needed to pay up taxes for a car worth $12,500. I had just paid around $3000 for the car! I know I paid a bit too much for that car at $3000, and now they wanted to tax me 8 point something percent, for $12,500 because I didn't bring the bill of sale with me. I took a trip to get the B.O.S., needless to say. I am not sure what "book" they were using to determine the value of the 72. It's funny that they just assume the car is worth $12,500 with total disregard to any other factors.

The 68 RL3 ROADSTER sold for $38,500.00,was not shown on TV......I am on the market for a roadster and I will paint it 918 orange to match my mini DATSUN herd.

I think I will hang on to my 68 Roadster for a while longer :classic:

post-13985-14150817624801_thumb.jpg

You know they are getting too big for their britches!

But I guess you cannot have every guy on the grounds in the big top. Those spaces are reserved for 60 something's and their 28 year old bleach blond trophy wives !!!! LOL

Man, what a bummer. One I'll never be and the other is aspirational.

Chris

I went to BJ Scottsdale 2 years ago. You can pretty much go anywhere you want with general admission pass, except the area they bring the cars up for auction. Staging lanes and all other spots are open to general public. The $500 fee you pay to bid is not that bad really. It included (at the time) 2 or 3 tickets for your buddies (smart idea to get your pals to egg you on to buy, since it isn't their money!) and also I think 8 drinks per day for you and your buddies (smart idea again!). It is really worth it to go that route if you go with friends.