IGNORED

[2012] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

Hi,

Over the weekend I cleaned and repainted the glove box door. After painting, I applied Rainx. That really cleaned the slick plastic sides and removed the scratch marks. An Armour All spritzing was the final step.

To repair the broken hinge, I'm trying something different. I started with fiberglass mesh (used for dry wall seams), sprayed it black and super glued pieces at the three hinge points. It is hardly visible when the door is installed. I'll see if this turns out to be a durable solution..

post-25174-14150819337815_thumb.jpg

post-25174-14150819338491_thumb.jpg

post-25174-14150819338796_thumb.jpg

post-25174-14150819339012_thumb.jpg

post-25174-14150819339605_thumb.jpg

Last Sunday I took a four county, 130 mile cruise to see what was 'new on the farm', just 13 miles south of town.

This is the beginning of Kansas' largest wind farm, it will start with 300+ towers covering 66,000 acres, with plans for up to 2400 towers. Each tower has a hub height of 213 feet and rotor diameter of 271 feet, turning a 1.6mw generator. Quite an impressive sight.

Bonzi Lon

post-11300-14150819377569_thumb.jpg

Since Wednesday my buddy and I have been tearing down our 71 in prepartion for a resto-mod. On Wednesday evening we pulled the motor and tranny. Yesterday I got the heater box out, I will restore it. I plan to get the core checked for leaks and pop a new valve on it. I will also test the fan. Our resto-mod will have a working heating system. Today I will continue to prep the interior for Lizard Skin and paint. The body is pretty much ready for paint; we will paint it blue(original color). It came with a blue interior that someone painted black. I wish it was still blue. We will put a nice L24 with E31 head in the car. We also have stroked L28 sitting there ready to go in if we choose it. I drove the car that the L24 came from and it was pretty quick with that E31 head. This weekend the work goes on; we will pull all the electrical out of the engine bay, power wash the engine bay and prep it for paint. Once the car is finished it will go up for sale.

Momtezuma......pictures :cool:

I know...I know. I must take pictures, I am so bad at that. I spent 21 years in the Navy traveling all over Asia and I have little in the form of pictures to document my travels. I was thinking I must picture document our build. I will start today. Thanks for the encouragement to document. This car is going to turn out awesome. We got most of the parts we need.

Put my car on stands for the first time... ABOUT TIME TOO. It's been less than a year since I got it, but I haven't had time to learn/do anything myself to any real extent, and adding the body kit didn't really require me to lift it...

ANYWAY so I changed out the clutch fluid because I had noticed it was low, and then further noticed that it was looking pretty murky. First time I've ever done that, I hope I didn't introduce any air into the system. Probably should have used grease to seal the connection between the end of the tubing and the nipple. Tried a zip-tie but I don't know if that really helped at all. The bigger problem was that the nipple had some surface rust, and I didn't bother cleaning it off first, so the rough surface probably wasn't sealing with the tubing. post-25697-14150819393139_thumb.jpg

Anyway, noticed/was reminded of some things that need to get done (the pictures) install choke (though I don't think I can attach it to anything since it's a 4 barrel system), figure out why the front air dam is bent weirdly, figure out how to raise the exhaust pipe, bleed the brake lines (why not, I have a lot of extra fluid), verify that I've found the timing mark, verify that it's ok that the rear bumper has a gap between itself and my the rest of the car, figure out why there is a part covered in oil and probably dirt, and not be such a newb when it comes to just about anything on my car. Learning by doing, though. And yeah, that bottle is the fluid I was replacing today. I think I'll probably be posting in the help forums soon for some advice on some of those projects.

Oh, and I'm not a packrat, but I'm back at home with my family for the month, so I'm living out of boxes until I get back into my own place, so that's why the mess in one of the pictures there.

post-25697-14150819390235_thumb.jpg

post-25697-14150819390882_thumb.jpg

post-25697-14150819391454_thumb.jpg

post-25697-14150819392022_thumb.jpg

post-25697-14150819392586_thumb.jpg

Edited by skillinp